Author Topic: AutoCad 2017 Vanilla - Render To PNG With Transparent Background  (Read 11856 times)

DeeGeeCees_V.2.0

• Newt
AutoCad 2017 Vanilla - Render To PNG With Transparent Background
« on: December 14, 2018, 01:16:50 PM »
I'm looking to create a Rendered image with a transparent background. It's possible in Inventor, and in 360 you need 'credits'. I'm looking for a solution within the native AutoCad 2017 vanilla software, since that's all I have to work with. I've tried using a transparent image as a BG, and it just saves as a PNG with a white BG. I did try to set the BG to a solid index color that is equal to a transparency but I'm not sure I used the right one. What am I missing here? Ugh. Any help is much appreciated.

DeeGeeCees_V.2.0

• Newt
Re: AutoCad 2017 Vanilla - Render To PNG With Transparent Background
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 01:23:38 PM »
I figured it out right after posting this. D'oh!

I inserted a transparent image under the 3D geometry and set it to transparent, so it would 'act' as the background.

ChrisCarlson

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 11:14:04 AM »
A simple option would be to open the rendered PNG and remove the background in a variety of photo editing programs.

DeeGeeCees_V.2.0

• Newt
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2018, 11:33:14 AM »
A simple option would be to open the rendered PNG and remove the background in a variety of photo editing programs.

That's what I've been doing, using a background color that won't be included in the final image. Selecting the color to remove it still leaves a small outline when the color variants aren't simplified, and some of the elements of the rendered image are so minute that when contracting the selection area to remove the small sliver of background color it creates an unrealistic bump. Just using a transparent background is a lot easier and keeps everything as intended without having to pull it into an image editing application.

I appreciate the suggestion though.

DeeGeeCees_V.2.0

• Newt
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2019, 09:58:20 AM »
Update: In AC2019 I set the BACKGROUND in the view to NONE, and it renders with a transparent BG. Easy peezy lemon squeezy.

Crank

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 01:47:52 AM »
Good to know! Thanks for the update.
Vault Professional 2023     +     AEC Collection

DeeGeeCees_V.2.0

• Newt
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2019, 09:07:36 AM »
Happy to help.

:-)