Author Topic: Who Grades Pads / Lots / Walls?  (Read 6271 times)

estanima

Who Grades Pads / Lots / Walls?
« on: October 25, 2018, 09:46:24 PM »
Will people please share if you design grading for individual lots, set the elevations of the lot and/or house, and if you show walls / retaining walls on your plans. If you do, would you please note your location? I'm trying to see how many places this is a requirement like it is in my location.

Thanks!

Dinosaur

Re: Who Grades Pads / Lots / Walls?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 10:07:54 AM »
I used to do individual lot grading in Kansas City area ... particularly in developments with a complex topography.  There were also a few developments in quite flat areas that required some very precise grading.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 11:52:26 AM »
I have in some places, and not in others.

I almost ask why one wouldn't? even if only as part of getting solid earthwork volume calculations, and sections if required.

AZ/NV
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Dinosaur

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 01:36:11 PM »
I almost ask why one wouldn't? even if only as part of getting solid earthwork volume calculations, and sections if required.
There are some places where there is really no point ... again in the Kansas City area - some of the later development properties that had been passed over and with good cause.  One could almost count on finding massive rock formation after digging about half way to the target depth in a few areas resulting in plan modifications, sometimes on the fly during construction, if not outright redesign almost from scratch at times.  Once our client had to blast a number of trenches for the sewer system and service laterals even though there had been test holes drilled showing no problems.