Author Topic: Recomended Autolisp editor?  (Read 5450 times)

cmwade77

• Swamp Rat
Re: Recomended Autolisp editor?
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2018, 07:19:19 PM »
i wonder why some of you guys do not like VLIDE?
it has syntax highlighting, auto format, lots of debugging features, console, it supports projects...
Because when it crashes, it often brings all of AutoCAD down with it, which then can mean lost work for me. Autosave helps to a point, but only to a point.

rkmcswain

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2018, 09:44:39 AM »
i wonder why some of you guys do not like VLIDE?

It's not perfect, but it is pretty good. Of course Autodesk didn't write it.

I've been using BLADE, the lisp UI/Editor for BricsCAD more since it was released though.

xiebuwanderiji

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2018, 05:08:39 AM »
You can use "edit plus"

PKENEWELL

• Bull Frog
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2018, 02:11:23 PM »
I use PSPad and VLIDE together. I like PSPad better for search, Indenting, syntax coloring, and the function list feature, which is wonderful for navigating large code projects. When it comes to troubleshooting though, nothing matches the go ol' VLIDE editor. PSPad is similar to Notepad++. I wrote and update the Visual Lisp syntax file for it.

The VLIDE editor is OK as far as the user interface, but is clunky IMHO. It also was crashing all the time when I tried changing the syntax colors (I despise the default colors).
"When you are asked if you can do a job, tell 'em, 'Certainly I can!' Then get busy and find out how to do it." - Theodore Roosevelt