Code Red > VB(A)

Error: Component not correctly registered

<< < (3/3)

Keith™:
yes the reference is still checked and vb6 IS installed. It was working on Win10 until sometime in January.

Keith™:
Yeah, something has to have changed ... I can't plot to anything except a windows printer and I can't edit the plotter configuration files.

It may be time to wipe and re-install from scratch.

Dlanor:
If it's working in Excel but not in AC2007 are the two references the same? Could you have two versions of the file in different locations?

dlo:
Hi folks.
Did the original poster ever have any solution? 

I have a user who has the exact same issue after a recent MS Office 365 update.
Our updates are 6 months behind general release so that would have been around October 2018.
Another person online reported the same problem last October.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/microsoft-vba-component-not-correctly-registered/9fbaf700-ed7d-40b7-84cd-e40a987fe831

Can't open an add-in in Excel if it contains UserForms. Can't add a userform herself.  Same errors.

We've completely removed & reinstalled Office to no avail. Re-registered FM20.DLL. She's unable to work so I'm trying to help her out.

Keith™:
My problem was recently solved by changing the installation of the product. After uninstalling everything I reinstalled as a regular user and no longer run it as an admin. Apparently the change in Window had something to do with the registry but I can’t say for sure. Autocad no longer requires elevation to work. Also, all of the VBA stuff works as it should.

Previously it would only run as an elevated app and that caused other issues that are happily resolved as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version