Author Topic: Plot with text above image!  (Read 2186 times)

tcdan

Plot with text above image!
« on: June 01, 2005, 01:57:53 PM »
That's all I want to do.  Yup, I've clicked the image to "send to back" multiple times and played with the draw order til' I'm just about ready to take that im age and :choke:   The text appears in front of the image in MS, PS, and print preview but our plotters both print the image with NO text.  I'm sure there is a simple explanation.

Dinosaur

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 02:00:44 PM »
Is the text in paper space?  If so make sure the plot is set to plot paper space last.

tcdan

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 02:25:42 PM »
Is the text in paper space? If so make sure the plot is set to plot paper space last.

Nice thought but everything's in MS.

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 02:27:23 PM »
try moving the text a fraction of an inch either way to bring it to the top of the database...
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

daron

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 02:55:58 PM »
Or move it in positive z to physically move it to the front.

tcdan

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2005, 05:15:25 PM »
Great ideas. . . I really like moving the image along the z-axis so that it doesn't pop up to the top of the stack when I click on it accidentally.

tcdan

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2005, 06:00:25 PM »
I really like moving the image along the z-axis so that it doesn't pop up to the top of the stack[\quote]

I take it back - the JPG image DOES still pop above the text when I select it but the TIFF of a similar image stays behind even when selected.  But anyways, I used both of your techniques and got them to plot out fine.

tcdan

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2005, 06:19:20 PM »
Whoops - looks like I didn't enter that last post in correctly.

But I'm still wrong - both images are TIFF's.