Author Topic: Strange Delay on Sheet Sets  (Read 2293 times)

nobody

• Swamp Rat
  • .net stuff
Strange Delay on Sheet Sets
« on: November 12, 2017, 11:36:06 AM »
I don't remember having this problem in LDD but when I change sheet numbers in sheetsets in Civil 3D there's a strange delay, where civil 3d appears to save some sort of temp file. 

Anyone know if there's a way to fix this?  Or is it just another thing that's slower since LDD XD

rkmcswain

• Swamp Rat
Re: Strange Delay on Sheet Sets
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 08:36:21 AM »
It sounds like you might have page/layout renaming enabled.

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 10:01:52 AM »
I usually open all my sheet manger dwgs first and use the rename and renumber wizard. Works faster than it trying to do it in the background without visually opening it. If that is what you kinda are looking at.
Civil3D 2020

ChrisCarlson

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 10:18:07 AM »
The delay happens as you are opening and closing each drawing in the background.

nobody

• Swamp Rat
  • .net stuff
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 10:43:05 AM »
Rename options are unchecked. Its not a big deal... just drives me crazy it was so much faster in ldd lmao

It sounds like you might have page/layout renaming enabled.

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 10:49:14 AM »
Dude, Hate saying this... its always been this way that I am aware of.
Civil3D 2020

rkmcswain

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 10:52:18 AM »
@FriendFromArea51 - Yeah you and @Master_Shake are right - it is opening the DWG file and doing something and closing it - causing a huge delay, when there is no reason to even touch the DWG file.

I tested it by making the DWG files read only, and it's super fast since it must be detecting the lack of WRITE access, it just moves on in a fraction of a second.

nobody

• Swamp Rat
  • .net stuff
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 01:12:11 AM »
@FriendFromArea51 - Yeah you and @Master_Shake are right - it is opening the DWG file and doing something and closing it - causing a huge delay, when there is no reason to even touch the DWG file.

I tested it by making the DWG files read only, and it's super fast since it must be detecting the lack of WRITE access, it just moves on in a fraction of a second.

Nice... I found JTB's option works very similar to what I experienced in LDD days.  No delay, and it's pretty powerful.  Autodesk fail XD

http://jtbworld.com/ssmpropeditor