Author Topic: National cad standards  (Read 130 times)

FriendFromArea51

• Swamp Rat
  • Mars sucks!
National cad standards
« on: November 04, 2017, 02:45:18 pm »
Anyone know if the national cad standard layers for all the disciplines are in excel form anywhere?

BIGAL

• Newt
  • 30 + years of using Autocad
Re: National cad standards
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 07:54:12 pm »
1st where are you in the world ?

2nd cad standards are just all over the place even between government authorities wanting different things I can think of at least 3.

3rd common sense should prevail no random naming every one on same page. Layers colours linetypes etc. mspace xrefs layouts.

4th Google Cad standards I know on Cadutor there was some stuff.

Lastly had a state authority tell us some stuff on a traffic plan was wrong and looked at plans done for them and it was the same as ours so we will not change and will argue check your own in house rules first. Problem is they are so old school using basicly 2 colours cyan and Black.

A man who never made a mistake never made anything

FriendFromArea51

• Swamp Rat
  • Mars sucks!
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 09:05:15 pm »
Found what I need, but thanks!

1st where are you in the world ?

2nd cad standards are just all over the place even between government authorities wanting different things I can think of at least 3.

3rd common sense should prevail no random naming every one on same page. Layers colours linetypes etc. mspace xrefs layouts.

4th Google Cad standards I know on Cadutor there was some stuff.

Lastly had a state authority tell us some stuff on a traffic plan was wrong and looked at plans done for them and it was the same as ours so we will not change and will argue check your own in house rules first. Problem is they are so old school using basicly 2 colours cyan and Black.

dgorsman

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 10:26:37 am »

Don't you just love it when a client dictates "Thou shalt ALWAYS use our settings, lest they be rejected on submittal.", then when you receive requested DWG files they don't follow those settings?   :grumpy:
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.

try {GreatPower;}
   catch (notResponsible)
      {NextTime(PlanAhead);}
   finally
      {MasterBasics;}

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 10:55:01 am »
And.....

after all this time IT still is NOT the 'national' cad 'standard'