CAD Forums > CAD General

LAYER COLOR DISPLAY

(1/2) > >>

Crookedmonk:
We have an operator who must have changed a system variable in AutoCAD 2018LT. They use a white background, all the assigned layer colors at one point were accurate, but now all colors (bylayer) are muted ie index color 1 (red) now appears similar to color 13. Does anyone know what sysvar controls this?

Thanks in advance

mjfarrell:
(SETENV "Background" "1111111")
or (in LT):
_SETENV Background 1111111

Crookedmonk:
Thank you MJ, what exactly does that do. Before I go and make that change, I don't want to make a bad situation worse.

mjfarrell:
sets the background color....you should be able to access those command through OPTIONS
(I think it's the same for LT, I don't use LT much at all)

Crookedmonk:
The background color is not( I think) an issue, as she has been using it for years. The problem is the actual display of the colors on individual layers. If she changes her background to black the red appears as it should, but switching back to a white background the red becomes muted as does other colors. Just using red as an example.

Even the color in the color palette appear different when switching background colors.
For background we use this old .lsp. Do not know who owns it but works like a charm.

(defun c:bwb ( / col )
    (if bwb:flg
        (setq col 16777215 bwb:flg nil)
        (setq col 0        bwb:flg  t )
    )
    (foreach prp '(graphicswinmodelbackgrndcolor modelcrosshaircolor)
        (vlax-put-property (acdisp) prp (setq col (- 16777215 col)))
    )
    (princ)
)
(defun acdisp nil
    (eval
        (list 'defun 'acdisp 'nil
            (vla-get-display (vla-get-preferences (vlax-get-acad-object)))
        )
    )
    (acdisp)
)
(vl-load-com) (princ)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version