Author Topic: Publish to PDF  (Read 1724 times)

Pukenzz

• Newt
Publish to PDF
« on: August 28, 2017, 10:55:41 AM »
Trying to setup our publishing.  Problem that I’m running into is available PDF options.
Looking at the stock out of the box here is what we have available…

DWG to PDF
AutoCAD PDF (General Documentation)
AutoCAD PDF (High Quality Print)
AutoCAD PDF (Smallest File)
AutoCAD PDF (Web & Mobile)

The problem I have with all these is the paper sizes available, the either leave too much or not enough gap around the title block.  Some or all of the these options generate the AutoCAD layers into the PDF.  Some or all of these options generate the “Bookmarks” which is each tab from the AutoCAD drawing.  And some or all of these set the Navigation tab under the initial view to be Bookmarks Pane and Page.

I just want a clean PDF.  What I get when I generate it with Adobe PDF is perfect…  Margins look the same as they do when they come off my actual printer, there are no layers in the PDF, there are no bookmarks in the PDF, the PDF is formatted to show as page only.  The problem with this is that not all of our users have Adobe PDF.

What am I missing or not understanding here?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 11:20:08 AM by Pukenzz »

ChrisCarlson

Re: Publish to PFD
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 11:08:50 AM »
You need to setup the margins and "bleed" of the page. Also each of those plot configurations should have options for layers, bookmarks, etc.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Publish to PFD
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 11:19:11 AM »
Trying to setup our publishing.  Problem that I’m running into is available PDF options.
Looking at the stock out of the box here is what we have available…

DWG to PDF
AutoCAD PDF (General Documentation)
AutoCAD PDF (High Quality Print)
AutoCAD PDF (Smallest File)
AutoCAD PDF (Web & Mobile)

The problem I have with all these is the paper sizes available, the either leave too much or not enough gap around the title block.  Some or all of the these options generate the AutoCAD layers into the PDF.  Some or all of these options generate the “Bookmarks” which is each tab from the AutoCAD drawing.  And some or all of these set the Navigation tab under the initial view to be Bookmarks Pane and Page.

I just want a clean PDF.  What I get when I generate it with Adobe PDF is perfect…  Margins look the same as they do when they come off my actual printer, there are no layers in the PDF, there are no bookmarks in the PDF, the PDF is formatted to show as page only.  The problem with this is that not all of our users have Adobe PDF.

What am I missing or not understanding here?

First set up as needed both Custom Page sizes if a size you need is not there to choose from.

Then edit the Inked Area Limits (Margins) for those page sizes.

Then set up your Named Page Setups to use those pages and sizes.

Lastly; there are plenty of FREE PDF Viewers to use.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Pukenzz

• Newt
Re: Publish to PDF
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 11:32:39 AM »
Thanks...  digging into it