Author Topic: Revit export to Navisworks template errors  (Read 56 times)

hudster

• Gator
Revit export to Navisworks template errors
« on: August 25, 2017, 06:41:48 am »
I was watching a youtube video on Navisworks exports from Revit and the user recommended you set your view with a template and then set the template back to none, prior to export to avoid errors with the export, but didn't elaborate why, or what errors can occur.

I've never heard of any errors leaving the template set as something other than none, does anyone else know of anything?
Revit BDS 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, AutoCAD 2017, 2016, Navisworks 2017, 2016, BIM360 Glue

John Kaul (Se7en)

• Administrator
  • Needs a day job
Re: Revit export to Navisworks template errors
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 07:11:21 am »
I don't know but whenever I've used the "export to navis" it was just to create a "dumb" nwc for someone with freedom so I've always just used a default 3d view (just created a default 3d view and exported).

A nwc file does me absolutely no good but I typically use simulate or manage so I create a "Navisworks" view in my models; I do not have a template set for it but that's because it takes 32 seconds to make a navisworks view.
“Common sense is not so common.” ~Voltaire

--> Donate to TheSwamp.org <--

rvhwlc

• Newt
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 07:46:00 am »
only problem i have heard is when section box cuts through fittings.. read here.. find answer at bottom..

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/navisworks-forum/export-to-nwc-no-suitable-geometry-found/td-p/4357587

John Kaul (Se7en)

• Administrator
  • Needs a day job
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 07:55:46 am »
Thinking out loud: I wonder if a DWF file would be a better export option?
“Common sense is not so common.” ~Voltaire

--> Donate to TheSwamp.org <--