Author Topic: Nagging Dwg killer: no apparent reason touching a civil 3D object or even text..  (Read 3261 times)

sourdough

• Bull Frog
Hi all, this problem has been going on for many versions of civil 3D. Now, I wonder if anyone has found an answer to this issue. The issue is: after editing for a while in a dwg I will want to change a style or copy one and then make a change and try to save that style. Then POOF!!! my dwg is up in smoke. Thank God for the temp file location where I can get the savxxx.tmp before opening a new session and recover it. The end result is now I have this dwg that is unstable for the rest of time. Anybody have this happen, and is there any way to do better than audit to make the dwg stable again? Is it a bad idea to copy a style, :evil: or just make a new one?

Thanks in advance
Mike in Raleigh
LDC 2009/C3D 2010/C3D 2011/C3D 2016

Win 10 64bit

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
Ours does not do that. Have you tried doing the same thing in the Civil.dwt that was shipped with Civil3D?
Civil3D 2020

sourdough

• Bull Frog
Yes, it occurs most when we get a dwg/subd. from another engineer that doesn't have the same template as us. So, we get extra styles by default when we take any civil 3D objects from them. Not the best case to work with but happens a lot, and don't have time to redo from scratch. Carlson is somewhat common here so have seen that one too raise the hair on the back of my neck dealing with there junk.

MJP

Win 10 64bit

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
Mike, I don't have that issue here. I get drawings from other sources as well and don't recall having any major problems. Could you send me one of those unstable drawings?

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
This would suggest that when you receive a file from outside sources, that you open
the file, set all objects to use STANDARD style(s)
then drag and drop that data into a file made from your template(s)

This would be a way to 'scrub' any styles that you don't want from entering your workflow.

Also, there is a probability that it isn't the styles.....I've heard rumor about viewports becoming corrupt and affecting the entire drawing.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
I think that makes the most sense. Simple.
Civil3D 2020

sourdough

• Bull Frog
Mike, I don't have that issue here. I get drawings from other sources as well and don't recall having any major problems. Could you send me one of those unstable drawings?
Jeff, I sent you the file. I looked at Mike's suggestion too. I'll give that a go too.

MJP

Win 10 64bit