Author Topic: Pipe Cap Symbol  (Read 63 times)

Rob...

• King Gator
  • Take a little time to stop and smell the roses.
Pipe Cap Symbol
« on: August 03, 2017, 02:52:04 pm »
I'm struggling to come up with a way to make a static pipe cap symbol. One that responds to view scale, does not change size with the pipe size, and will show on sloped piping.

I was close with a generic annotation family nested into a face based family set to shared and then nested into the fitting family on a reference plane that could be set to a specific angle. It worked but the symbol was half toned and I couldn't figure out where that half toning was coming from.

Thoughts?

Suggestions?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 02:56:54 pm by Rob... »
CAD Tech

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
Re: Pipe Cap Symbol
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 04:04:50 pm »
Can you post the family?
Autodesk Expert Elite
Autodesk Revit Architecture, Structure, MEP Mechanical and MEP Electrical Certified Professional
Building Performance Analysis Certified (BPAC v3.0)
Autodesk Navisworks 2014 Essentials

Rob...

• King Gator
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 04:23:34 pm »
The family still needs work but please take note of the pipe slope instance parameter. Set it to 0 degrees for no slope. 0.6 for 1/8" per foot slope. That parts working but you might need to do -0.6 and/or rotate the fitting to get the symbol to show.

I think it will work if I can figure out how to turn off the half tone.
CAD Tech

Rob...

• King Gator
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 09:16:41 am »
Got the half toning sorted out. For some reason the shared nested family was treated as an overlay. Changed it to fitting and all is well.

One last problem. The fitting gets inserted with "Use Annotation Scale" on but I don't want it on. It is set to off every where within the family. The nested annotation family changes according to scale just fine without that off and when it is on the line for the pipe does wonky things.

Nevermind, found that in the MEP settings within the project.
CAD Tech