Code Red > AutoLISP (Vanilla / Visual)

TheSwamp, as we know it.

(1/37) > >>

Mark:
In September of this year theswamp.org will be 14 years old. Threads and posts have been declining for the past couple years and the current server is over 3 years old.

For the past couple of years i’ve been asking myself “is this place still relevant? Does this place still serve a purpose? Can I justify the time, energy and money to keep this place running?" And, quite honestly, i am finding it harder to answer yes to those questions.

I would really like to hear your thoughts. Do you think this place is still useful? Do forums like this still serve as a useful tool for sharing information?

Thanks for any/all comments.

ronjonp:
I'm on the site almost daily. It's a treasure trove of information for me. The other forums out there are OK .. but TheSwamp is the best IMO.

If there's something I can do to help out let me know.

Mark:

--- Quote from: ronjonp on June 22, 2017, 09:50:33 AM ---I'm on the site almost daily. It's a treasure trove of information for me.

--- End quote ---
Yes it is, no doubt about that. :) But google has most of that same information currently indexed and ready to use too.

--- Quote ---If there's something I can do to help out let me know.
--- End quote ---
Thank you sir.

ChrisCarlson:
I use it quite frequently, newer languages such as .NET use FB groups for help and assistance. These older languages, forums are really the best way to go.

Instead of hosting it locally, why not shift it to a provider? I'm sure any funds needed could be readily raised.

Mark:

--- Quote from: Master_Shake on June 22, 2017, 10:14:44 AM ---Instead of hosting it locally, why not shift it to a provider?

--- End quote ---
I have thought about that, many times. I am not sure I trust those big server farms. Do you have any companies in mind?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version