Author Topic: Framing Elevation view range?  (Read 95 times)

tedg

• Swamp Rat
Framing Elevation view range?
« on: June 20, 2017, 03:53:44 pm »
I know I can control the "Far Clip Offset", but does anyone know of a way to back away from the grid line, so you can see objects in front of it?

The situation:
I have framing elevations that by default, land on grid lines, and so you see columns, framing, etc from the grid line and beyond (what ever you have your offset set at).
I also  have wind columns that are at a closer plane then the column grid I'm looking at, and I want/need to see them too.

There is no way that I can see to move the elevation tag or trick it into seeing anything in front of it.
Hoping someone has a hack that works.

Thanks
Windows 7 Pro 64bit, AutoCAD 2017, REVIT 2017, Inventor Professional 2015

Rob...

• King Gator
  • Take a little time to stop and smell the roses.
Re: Framing Elevation view range?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 04:06:23 pm »
I don't use elevations, so I don't understand why you can't just move the elevation to include the area in front.

Is it just the nature of the beast?
CAD Tech

tedg

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 06:58:47 am »
I don't use elevations, so I don't understand why you can't just move the elevation to include the area in front.

Is it just the nature of the beast?
Yes it is, for framing elevations, you select a grid line as the datum,and that is the work plane looking forward, you cant move it.
Unlike say a section marker where you can just move it to see other stuff.

You can edit the clipping depth and viewport boundaries, but you cant move it off the grid.
Windows 7 Pro 64bit, AutoCAD 2017, REVIT 2017, Inventor Professional 2015

rvhwlc

• Newt
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 04:05:51 pm »
need to make 2 elevations.. if colum is not on grid line then it should not be in cluded in view.. this causes inaccuracies..