Author Topic: Purposefully Cause Fatal Error with Lisp  (Read 4275 times)

kdub_nz

• Mesozoic keyThumper
  • SuperMod
  • Water Moccasin
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
Re: Purposefully Cause Fatal Error with Lisp
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2017, 06:18:03 PM »
Master_Shake, I love ATHF. Also, my intentions are to prank my fellow employees :) I would make sure they didn't execute it and lose a ton of work though.

Keith: I like your style. How did you cause the fatal error?
You think that purposely causing a fatal error is a prank ... it's just rude IMO.  :?

Not just rude, also irresponsible and job threatening.
Called Kerry in my other life
Retired; but they dragged me back in !

I live at UTC + 13.00

---
some people complain about loading the dishwasher.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer.

ChrisCarlson

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2017, 08:02:57 AM »
tedg: I like your idea of a nicer version that fakes it, saves, and closes down. I think I'll do something similar.

Master_Shake: Where is here? It sounds like you work for a very bureaucratic company.

That is not a prank, a prank is issuing a SAPI call when an AutoCAD command is initiated. A prank is occasionally changing a users model space background and then changing it back. What you are proposing is just wrong.

tedg

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2017, 08:13:47 AM »
tedg: I like your idea of a nicer version that fakes it, saves, and closes down. I think I'll do something similar.

Master_Shake: Where is here? It sounds like you work for a very bureaucratic company.

That is not a prank, a prank is issuing a SAPI call when an AutoCAD command is initiated. A prank is occasionally changing a users model space background and then changing it back. What you are proposing is just wrong.

That's what I was saying... my suggestion just "appears" to have an error, does nothing to anything.

I think he gets it, what hes trying to do is just make them panic for a second, similar to all other suggestions like it mentioned in other threads.
Maybe I'm wrong.

I agree to make the program actually crash would be bad.
Windows 10 Pro 64bit, AutoCAD 2023, REVIT 2023

Ben Clark

• Newt
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2017, 08:44:29 AM »
Master_Shake and kdub: not here to start any arguments. Calm down.

It's not job threatening because I own my own CAD business and I only employ 4 people. I'm trying to have a little fun. The lisp I'm writing will only cause an alert and then save and close the drawings.

Furthermore, most users save their drawings frequently because AutoCAD fatal errors at least once a day anyway. So even if I did execute my original idea of causing a fatal error, the world would continue to spin. Keith gets it; these things are hilarious  :-D