Author Topic: Autocad Map  (Read 6004 times)

nobody

• Swamp Rat
  • .net stuff
Autocad Map
« on: October 07, 2017, 02:59:32 PM »
Any pros out there with autocad map?  I have a shape file with data (assessor numbers), I'd like to import only parcels that start with the first 5 digits I input.  Anyone know if this is possible?

What I can determine so far is I have to import the entire thing, then I can go from there.

Rod

• Newt
Re: Autocad Map
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 08:48:34 PM »
This can be done with AutoCAD map but it can also be done with the free software QGIS.
I use both but I find QGIS has better features for some tasks.

It is a great tool definitely worth the minimal effort to download, install and try.

Cheers, Rod
"All models are wrong, some models are useful" - George Box

nobody

• Swamp Rat
  • .net stuff
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 10:16:39 PM »
Thanks Ausrod, QGIS is nice, I'm familiar with it.  There are better one's than that.  I'm looking for a way to use the 1,500$ piece of software we purchased XD

rkmcswain

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 08:39:49 AM »
In the drop down that normally says "Add to Map", click the down arrow and choose "Add to Map with Query"

It will open up another dialog where you can filter the data by almost any field and value.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 08:58:33 AM »
as RK is showing you will want to create a query to limit what is import from the shp file.

You will want to use Parcel No is "Like" and then enter your parcel number variable

or it might be simpler to use a location polygon to limit the data to a particular area....if that meets your needs.

Optionally you could control visibility of the parcels through a THEME to the shp file layer in MAP
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

nobody

• Swamp Rat
  • .net stuff
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 09:31:11 AM »
You guys rock...thank you!!