Author Topic: Slow will doing a QSAVE  (Read 9853 times)

deegeecees

Slow will doing a QSAVE
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2004, 01:58:45 PM »
Just to be safe and not sorry, I use someone elses computer for internet fun, mine never see's daylight. In return for the use of this internet CPU, I clean it up and keep it up to date. I've just lately been back exploring this vast wonderland of 1s and 0s running through optical lines, and I feel a bit behind on all the new bells and whistles, but I've used "Zone Alarm" before, it worked fine for me as well. I remember the days of "FREE" Napster, when you would log on and see maybe 200 other users logged in. My age is showing...

daron

Slow will doing a QSAVE
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2004, 02:30:23 PM »
Quote from: Craig
"FREEBIE" software.

And that is exactly why spybots were invented. Of course, malicious people take them and and use them for their own evil purposes. In either case they are annoying and slow up and computer.

hyposmurf

Slow will doing a QSAVE
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2004, 05:14:36 PM »
Have a look at your running programs in your task manager.Could be your running low on system resources.If you arent sure what something is thats running do a check on the net or via your search facility.Could be youve got spyware slowly it down.Spybot is pretty good,cleared up alot of background stuff I didint know was running.One of the worst culprits was HP,with all the backweb processes sending info back to them without you knowing.Another is a Adware,that usually removes cookies and tracking cookies.You can get Kazaa lite which is a tweaked version of Kazaa,without the spyware and you dont function as a supernode.I know 2004 is alot hungrier for resources than previous versions.

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
Slow will doing a QSAVE
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2004, 05:28:05 PM »
I have noticed that 2004 loads considerably slower than 2002 on XP
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
Slow will doing a QSAVE
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2004, 05:42:37 PM »
>I have noticed that 2004 loads considerably slower than 2002 on XP
same here.

>Could be your running low on system resources
there is no doubt about it, you run 6-12 apps all the time and things can get slow, especially on my $50 Dell. But I _always _ like to blame Novell. What a waste of resources that is.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

hyposmurf

Slow will doing a QSAVE
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2004, 05:50:03 PM »
I did on my previos system 2K4 loaded slower than 2K,maybe its all the new features like transparrent palletes and the palletes themselves,have lods of them.
In the help file the minimum system requirements for a standalone PC are:
64 MB of RAM (recommended), 32 MB (minimum)
Pentium 133 or better, or compatible processor

128 MB RAM
500 MHZ Processor, 800 MHZ recommended
It also notes the same requirements for the clients workstation , but 256 MB RAM minimum?
So I guess if your system is slightly under what it should be for 2004 when using 2004 your going to notice a difference.

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
Slow will doing a QSAVE
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2004, 05:54:39 PM »
I have a 533MhxFSB with a 2.6Ghz AthlonXP and 256 megs of DDR333 memory. My HD is a 40GB ATA133 and video is a 64Meg DDR (can't recall the brand at the moment but I think it is made by NVidia)
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie