Author Topic: Convert to exploded objects to block by comparison  (Read 1449 times)

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
Convert to exploded objects to block by comparison
« on: April 24, 2017, 01:08:25 PM »
Is it possible to convert an exploded block back to a block? I think this is the best example I can come up with. There is another type of scenario I am looking at with this but here is the basic idea.

I received a survey dwg. Everything in the file was exploded and purged (and its an old file). Lets say I want to convert all the lines crossing like "X"s to become a block. All the "X"'s have the same size lengths.

Is there a way to make a block of the lines and then do a search / replace where ever is sees the same length and either paste the block there or convert the lines over to a block?

Thanks for the feedback. Again, this prob is not possible but it was worth a shot to ask.
Civil3D 2020

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
Re: Convert to exploded objects to block by comparison
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 04:29:08 PM »
That can be done but you might want to select a line in the process to get a starting length.
Assuming all the Z's are at zero you can ssget all LINES that are near that length.
Find all the lines that share a MIDPOINT & block them. You will need to use some fuzzy math too. :)
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.