CAD Forums > CAD General

Licensing Question

(1/3) > >>

craigr:
I have looked on the Autodesk web site, and can't find it.....

I am leaving a company due to them slowly phasing out CAD work over the last several years. The amount of CAD work needed has dwindled to me being the only CAD guy left, and now there isn't even enough to keep me full time.

The owner of the company wants me to 'subcontract' what CAD there is from home, using HIS Cad license. Understand, that I will no longer be an employee for the company.

I would think that since I am no longer an employee, that I cannot use their AutoCAD license. He said 'Who would know?' But I am not going to stick my neck out for it.

craigr

ChrisCarlson:
If it's their license, they can use that seat as they wish. If that means giving it to you for subcontracting purposes so be it. You will have to walk a grey line in terms of other work you do on that license though.

If it was me, I would ask for a yearly payment to cover your own subscription.

Rob...:
Sorry to hear about getting phased out, Craig.

craigr:
Thanks

It really sucks. I have been here 24 years and they aren't willing to move me to another position.

I'm 55, and I have a tough time sitting for long, have a tough time walking. I can't see to many companies that are going to willing to hire me.

Oh well, I was looking for a job when I found this one. - Who know, maybe there is a better one out there just waiting for me.

craigr

dgorsman:

--- Quote from: Rob... on April 10, 2017, 10:34:23 AM ---Sorry to hear about getting phased out, Craig.

--- End quote ---

Ditto.  And seconded on getting and controlling your own license.  Maybe that way you can finally move to *gasp* FULL AutoCAD!   :yay!:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version