Author Topic: Sheet Set Manager - Single Sheet - File Name  (Read 2077 times)

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
Sheet Set Manager - Single Sheet - File Name
« on: April 13, 2017, 02:02:54 PM »
I am hoping I am missing something here. We usually use the Publish dialog box to publish our set of drawings in single sheet. We like the name convention it gives to the PDFs it publishes.

When I attempt to do this via SSM single sheet I just get the layout name not the normal publishing name.

Am I missing something or can it not do this?

thxs!
Civil3D 2020

ChrisCarlson

Re: Sheet Set Manager - Single Sheet - File Name
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 08:19:34 AM »
Sheet Set Manager is a whole nother beast, it does not really care about your publish settings as it has it's own, noneditable (without .NET) default. From my experience it mainly, or only checks the plot settings (extents, page size, options, etc.).

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 08:37:50 AM »
I am probably misunderstanding you but for PDF file name is Dwg # - Dwg Name when using SSM in single sheet mode.   
For what is it is worth we plot/publish from SSM using the Publish > Publish with Overrides option > Named plotter/PDF setup
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

tedg

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 08:49:55 AM »
For what is it is worth we plot/publish from SSM using the Publish > Publish with Overrides option > Named plotter/PDF setup

Same here, we have saved page-set up settings for printers and PDFs in the SSM template file for that particular client.
That way it's controllable and update-able for everyone to use.

So when publishing with SSM, you to into Publish>Publish using Page Setup Override>   <<choose predetermined page set up including PDFs>>
We publish all into one PDF, the default file name prefix is usually the ".DST" name prefix if I recall.
Windows 10 Pro 64bit, AutoCAD 2023, REVIT 2023

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 10:30:53 AM »
This is kinda where I was going with this. In the 1st photo of this is what I get. All the files names in PDF form are the same of that which is in the sheet set manager. In the second photo. I have to drag the files from explorer into the publish box. Those files in there publish to the right naming format.
Civil3D 2020