Author Topic: Publishing  (Read 1900 times)

Pukenzz

• Newt
Publishing
« on: March 23, 2017, 04:42:55 PM »
Files are setup with all title blocks, details, dims, everything 100% in model space. 

Some files have 1 title block per file, some files have 50, 60, 80, 100 drawings / title blocks per file.

Drawings are done true scale, 1:1 and title blocks are scaled up to properly fit.

In model space if you plot any title block... window to scale, window to fit or extents it comes out correct.

I want to get all tweaked to be able to publish from paper space.

I was thinking of putting a viewport to the proper scale in paper space and go through the page setup manager to be able to publish.  The only thing in paper space would be the viewport. 

The problem I have is that I am not sure how to get it setup so that the bottom left corner of the title block that is in model space is always in the exact same spot on paper space. 

I'm sure there is a smart way to do this but I'm struggling with it.

Rob...

• King Gator
  • Take a little time to stop and smell the roses.
Re: Publishing
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 05:38:23 PM »
There is at least one guy over at CADTutor that is really good at that.

BTW, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes. I shudder at the thought of dealing with even one file like that.
CAD Tech

Refri

• Mosquito
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 12:08:58 AM »
There is a program for batch printing from model space.
It automatically searches for formats and prints to different printers.

Pukenzz

• Newt
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 11:35:17 AM »
Yes in this case it would be best if I could just batch plot from Model Space but I have been unsuccessful finding the correct solution. 

Refri

• Mosquito
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 03:40:26 AM »
Pukenzz
We use this solution:
Revers - Automatic batch printing a plurality of frames (format) of the model space and layouts.
http://www.kdmsoft.ru/reverseng.html