Author Topic: Draw a simple line...  (Read 8763 times)

Swift

• Swamp Rat
Re: Draw a simple line...
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2005, 12:03:06 pm »
yup works for 2005

I'll post the solution after lunch if anyone is interested.

MickD

• Gator
  • I don't need a job, I need Money!!
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2005, 12:29:54 pm »
I think the ads_ prefix and this style of arx (as shown in Luis' first post) is a throw back to the early days when most if not all customisation was in lisp (before even ads/arx), rather than registering a command on the command stack as in current arx you (or autocad before ads) created your function and with the help of the macro or similar it 'exported' the function for use in lisp.
IOW, this is probably pretty much the reason how and why you can draw a line from lisp.

Just thinking out loud.... :)
"A language that doesn’t have everything is actually easier to program in than some that do."

— Dennis M. Ritchie

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2005, 01:19:27 pm »
If I remember correctly, you can change the prefix designation. You should register your prefix with Autodesk to be sure noone else uses that prefix and thus causes your programming to have issues with other programming. i.e. if there is already a program using ads_myline and you compile this code, there would be competing programming for the exported function and thus one of the programs would not operate properly. I think it has to do maily with object ownership, but right now my memory is failing me.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

MP

• Seagull
  • brevity != aggression
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2005, 01:32:34 pm »
Thank you for the code Luis (and Swift, Mick, Troy, Paul, Chuck, Glenn, Mark ... forgive me if the list is not comprehensive).

While I won't be looking at it today I will be down the line, so thank you all in advance (and for those other threads where you folks posted some great c++).

:)
\|// Set goal. Experiment tirelessly until
|oo| practice has become expertise.  Loop.
|- | LinkedIn | Dropbox | About