Author Topic: Linear LED ?  (Read 123 times)

alterego

• Mosquito
Linear LED ?
« on: February 27, 2017, 11:13:49 am »
Hi all

The job I am working on has many different types of lighting, and  I was wondering how you show this type of product

(sorry for the newbie type question)

Rob...

• King Gator
  • Take a little time to stop and smell the roses.
Re: Linear LED ?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 04:11:21 pm »
That would depend on the type of view and the scale of the drawing. A 2D drawing, for standard 1/8" or 1/4" = 1'-0" floor plans, a pline with or without a width applied, but definitely have it plot on the thick side.
Senior Mechanical Designer/Model Manager
Building Systems

rvhwlc

• Newt
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 04:49:56 pm »
Hi all

The job I am working on has many different types of lighting, and  I was wondering how you show this type of product

(sorry for the newbie type question)
if not too many.. make in-place family..

Rob...

• King Gator
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 05:13:54 pm »
Oops, I let my AutoCAD slip show. Didn't realize this was the Revit forum.

I would plan on being able to use it in the future and make a family for your library. I've got a feeling, the use of this type of lighting is gonna blow up. I've seen weather proof options that just blew my mind up with crazy ideas.

I'm not very familiar with lighting families, so I would contact the company, or an equal, to see if they have any Revit content and then before using anything in a project, thoroughly vet the file(s) for stuff you don't need or imported objects. At a minimum, it could give you a direction as to how to "show" it and fine tune it from there. It may come down to what you are required to provide in your model.

Are you on the MEP design side and may only need to provide basic electrical information and possibly be able to schedule it?

Or, are you a lighting consultant that needs to provide lighting levels and color temps for rendering?
Building Systems

rvhwlc

• Newt
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 06:03:36 pm »
just to clarify.. in-place model only for curved ceiling cove surfaces.. i think this is waht may be for..

alterego

• Mosquito
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 12:01:03 pm »
this architect seems to have gone overboard with LED strips... they are on the stairs, they are along the walls of the main circulation and communal areas, in the bathrooms... at first look, it seems like they are mainly straight lines.

Rob...

• King Gator
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 12:35:13 pm »
I already alluded to the use of these could blow up. It is quite versatile and easy to install. It sounds like they are using it for emergency egress lighting.
Building Systems