Author Topic: Civilsurface getpoint?  (Read 8272 times)

alanjt

• Needs a day job
  • Standby for witty remark...
Re: Civilsurface getpoint?
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2013, 10:04:51 AM »
Hi Alan!

Thank you for your fantastic work you´ve done. I´m so happy it works perfect. I must testing little more, how it works - doesn´t have much experience with surface-vla-objects.
Feel free to ask any questions. I basically make a selection set in the beginning of the routine, which will also prompt the user if there are nor valid/visible surfaces in the drawing.

From there, when the user picks a point, it iterates through the list of surfaces and if a valid elevation is found (no error thrown), it displays it for each applicable surface.

BTW, I had to make a small edit to the code; forgot to localize my 'o' variable.
Civil 3D 2019 ~ Windohz 7 64bit
Dropbox

anjaneyulu

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2017, 05:07:30 AM »
how to select surface by layer

alanjt

• Needs a day job
  • Standby for witty remark...
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2017, 10:41:45 AM »
how to select surface by layer
If you are trying to only select surfaces on a specified layer, you can add a layer filter to the ssget function (cons 8 "LayerName").
Civil 3D 2019 ~ Windohz 7 64bit
Dropbox

BIGAL

• Swamp Rat
  • 40 + years of using Autocad
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2017, 08:44:15 PM »
Something I did ages ago now was to make my own toolbar interface for handling CIV3D surfaces I felt the toolspace method was too cumbersome so my tool bar has buttons for the most used contour settings as well as a button for off. You do not have to display any surface currently for it to work as if there is only one then it auto sets it if more than 1 then a dcl pops a list of all surfaces to pick the one you want to set. I must also acknowledge Alan J T for his help getting into the surfaces.

The full code is in this zip including ICONS Toolbar lisp etc. You could use the select surface part before adding a point.
A man who never made a mistake never made anything