Author Topic: Enterprise CUIx - Shortcut Menus  (Read 5373 times)

alanjt

• Needs a day job
  • Standby for witty remark...
Enterprise CUIx - Shortcut Menus
« on: February 08, 2017, 10:38:46 AM »
Every time I think I understand menus, something doesn't work properly.

I am trying to add a few Shortcut Menus (right-click) to the enterprise menu, but after loading, they do not work. The only way I can get Shortcut Menus to work is if they're in the main cui.
Is this the case or am I missing something?
Civil 3D 2019 ~ Windohz 7 64bit
Dropbox

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
Re: Enterprise CUIx - Shortcut Menus
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 10:09:36 PM »
Well when you get it figured out I have a few question.  8)
Every time I upgrade a version all my button menus are lost.
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

ChrisCarlson

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 07:48:34 AM »
I always had unresolved issues with using CUI files loaded as enterprise that disappeared when it was loaded as a partial customization file.

alanjt

• Needs a day job
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 09:33:10 AM »
Arg! What is the point of an enterprise file if some features can only be loaded in the main CUI?
Dropbox

dgorsman

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 10:13:25 AM »
Haven't tried it in a while, but from memory I think you're right.  I know the Quick Access toolbar will only respect the Main as well.
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.

try {GreatPower;}
   catch (notResponsible)
      {NextTime(PlanAhead);}
   finally
      {MasterBasics;}

ChrisCarlson

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 02:02:07 PM »
The only downside is that the CUI file is editable while loaded as a partial customization file. Other than that, I don't see any real advantage to enterprise loading.

alanjt

• Needs a day job
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 02:14:27 PM »
The only downside is that the CUI file is editable while loaded as a partial customization file. Other than that, I don't see any real advantage to enterprise loading.
I've never been a fan, but I was going to use it as I was wanting to add some right-click menus.
I think I'll just code them into a reactor. Less of a headache than dealing with Autodesk and their wacky thought processes.
Dropbox

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2017, 02:18:17 PM »
I've never been a fan, but I was going to use it as I was wanting to add some right-click menus.
I think I'll just code them into a reactor. Less of a headache than dealing with Autodesk and their wacky thought processes.
I was hoping you'd figure it out so you could show me  :)  .. I've never had very good luck customizing CUI for some reason.

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

alanjt

• Needs a day job
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2017, 02:21:30 PM »
I was hoping you'd figure it out so you could show me  :)  .. I've never had very good luck customizing CUI for some reason.
lol. Every time I think I have it figured out, something throws me for a loop.
Dropbox

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2017, 02:35:19 PM »
Yeah .. I gave up a while ago. My software still loads an *.mns file  :o

Custom Build PC

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2017, 03:00:09 PM »
I've been dealing with BricsCAD & updates messing my arrangements of tool bars & trying to find a solution.
This may be the answer for me.
https://www.bricsys.com/common/support/forumthread.jsp?id=26124#26125
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

dgorsman

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2017, 03:21:31 PM »

I have everything (almost...) on our Enterprise CUIx system.  Custom CUIx as the base, ACAD, Raster Design, Express, third-party, in-house, etc. CUIx files loaded as partial.  Enterprise has some default "starter" workspaces for users to get started with.  Every user has their own Main per AutoCAD profile ("application") for workspaces and any custom toolbars or other UI elements they care to manage themselves.  I've made a few adjustments to Ribbon panels and they show up on everyone's computer without any additional mucking around.

Works very well, aside from a few things which don't work (aforementioned QAT and customized partial menus) but I haven't found anything full-stop preventing it from working well.
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.

try {GreatPower;}
   catch (notResponsible)
      {NextTime(PlanAhead);}
   finally
      {MasterBasics;}

ChrisCarlson

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2017, 11:39:30 AM »

What kind of help do you need? We run a custom, five-panel ribbon, auto-loading of lisp routines with user specific toolbars.

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2017, 11:46:34 AM »

What kind of help do you need? We run a custom, five-panel ribbon, auto-loading of lisp routines with user specific toolbars.
I don't really need help ... I'm kind of a command line junkie so I've kept my graphical tools pretty minimal. Thanks for asking though!  :)

Custom Build PC

ChrisCarlson

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2017, 11:48:36 AM »
Like I've told everyone here, once you go contextual ribbon panel for day to day basic AutoCAD functions, it's incredibly harder and less efficient to go back.