CAD Forums > CAD General

Enterprise CUIx - Shortcut Menus

<< < (4/4)

ronjonp:

--- Quote from: Master_Shake on February 10, 2017, 11:48:36 AM ---Like I've told everyone here, once you go contextual ribbon panel for day to day basic AutoCAD functions, it's incredibly harder and less efficient to go back.

--- End quote ---
You have an example of "contextual ribbon panel" ? I'm always looking for faster ways to do things.

ChrisCarlson:
The most common ones here are;
1) A hatch entity is selected
2) An mtext entity is double clicked into.

dgorsman:
REFEDIT is a really simple example.  Old school it would pop up a tool bar with buttons for save, discard, add, and remove while the command is active.  Ribbon panel basically does the same thing, but you're not hunting for that elusive 4-button floating toolbar on an HD widescreen monitor.

The new semi-intelligent ARRAY might be a better example.  Select an array, change a few numbers in the boxes... much like Hatch selection.

Raster design tools are another good example.

Jeff H:

--- Quote from: ronjonp on February 10, 2017, 12:01:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: Master_Shake on February 10, 2017, 11:48:36 AM ---Like I've told everyone here, once you go contextual ribbon panel for day to day basic AutoCAD functions, it's incredibly harder and less efficient to go back.

--- End quote ---
You have an example of "contextual ribbon panel" ? I'm always looking for faster ways to do things.

--- End quote ---
Are you wanting an example of creating your own?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version