Author Topic: Is it possible to add a transient bitmap?  (Read 2087 times)

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
Is it possible to add a transient bitmap?
« on: December 13, 2016, 07:21:01 AM »
It is quite easy to add transient objects like a polyline or circle. But a RasterImage is a reference to a RasterImageDef. So if I want to add a transient bitmap as a RasterImage, I first have to add the RasterImageDef to the dictionary.

Is it possible to show a transient bitmap without adding it to the dictionary first? I want to load several images from a wmts service and replace them while zooming. I rather not constantly load and unload RasterImageDefs. I also can't find examples about RasterImages as transient object.

Or can I add a RasterImageDef also as a transient object?
The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.

dgorsman

• Water Moccasin
Re: Is it possible to add a transient bitmap?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 10:30:11 AM »
I seem to remember wipeouts being unreferenced images, so it could be possible.  Or at least a starting point for more research.
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.

try {GreatPower;}
   catch (notResponsible)
      {NextTime(PlanAhead);}
   finally
      {MasterBasics;}

jmaeding

• Bull Frog
  • I'm just here for the Shelties.
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 04:37:22 PM »
I know this is old, anyone ever do a transient bitmap, or how would that be done (not using attached image) if not by transients?
James Maeding

jmaeding

• Bull Frog
  • I'm just here for the Shelties.
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 11:31:59 AM »
I have the same question, as I am modifying images and want to show them over the original and give the user the option to accept or reject.
I am using Image Magick as the image mod engine, and it has a com object you can use instead of running it through a shell command.
I have replaced adesk's Raster Design using this approach, though we do not use the image "snapping" or tracing abilities it has, because its just as fast to pick by hand in my experience. Raster design is a nice tool, I just wanted something that ran in bcad and handled large images better than RD. Bit off track from the OP but might be useful.
James Maeding