Author Topic: Duct Takeoffs  (Read 316 times)

Rob...

• King Gator
  • Take a little time to stop and smell the roses.
Duct Takeoffs
« on: December 05, 2016, 10:56:55 am »
I've set two types of junctions for a duct type in the routing preferences, however, I cannot switch between the two. They are the OOTB fittings one beveled, the other standard. It seems that the top one is the default but I cannot switch to the other one which I've included in the routing preferences.

Do I need to setup another duct type in order to utilize two types of takeoffs for the same system or is it something in the families that needs to be changed?

CAD Tech

John Kaul (Se7en)

• Administrator
  • Needs a day job
Re: Duct Takeoffs
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 01:47:01 pm »
Quote from: Autodesk Revit Help
Multiple fittings may be added for each part type section (Elbow, Junction, Cross, Transition, Union, Cap).
If more than one part for a fitting satisfies the criteria during layout, the first part listed is used. You can move a row up or down to change the priority for a part.

Yes, you would have to create two different duct types.
“Common sense is not so common.” ~Voltaire

--> Donate to TheSwamp.org <--

Rob...

• King Gator
  • Take a little time to stop and smell the roses.
Re: Duct Takeoffs
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 02:21:58 pm »
Quote from: Autodesk Revit Help
Multiple fittings may be added for each part type section (Elbow, Junction, Cross, Transition, Union, Cap).
If more than one part for a fitting satisfies the criteria during layout, the first part listed is used. You can move a row up or down to change the priority for a part.

Yes, you would have to create two different duct types.

That "a" caught my eye. It is actually not necessary to have two types. You can set priority on the fly and the appropriate fittings stay in place even after subsequent changes to routing preferences thus being able to have different types of fittings on the same duct type.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
CAD Tech