Author Topic: How to fix (re-lable) column location mark values?  (Read 295 times)

tedg

• Swamp Rat
How to fix (re-lable) column location mark values?
« on: November 30, 2016, 01:46:28 pm »

Ok, so I'm not real strong with graphical column schedules, I'm still learning to work with them.
I have a column schedule that doesn't have all the column locations showing properly, I suspect it may be because a column was copied (or moved) from one location to another.

So I have one good one named "N-13" and the next one beside it should be "N-12", but it's "N-13 (-15'-4")" because it's 15'-4" away from N-13, but it's ON grid 12.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
How can I force (edit, change) the column location mark value to be correct and appear correct on the schedule?

Thanks
Windows 7 Pro 64bit, AutoCAD 2017, REVIT 2017, Inventor Professional 2015

tedg

• Swamp Rat
Re: How to fix (re-lable) column location mark values?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 07:35:09 am »
Ok... fixed it, sort of silly really.

The ends (extents) of the grids weren't including those locations, once I dragged the grids beyond those column lines, the column locations show up properly on the schedule.

I guess it's similar to the scope box where, like a section marker doesn't show up in a plan if it doesn't reach that elevation.

[cheers]

Krushert

• Seagull
  • "GRAMR? I need no stinkin' gramr!"
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 08:55:15 am »
That damm LOFT gets us everytime!!    :tongue2: :2funny:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 08:58:52 am by Krushert »
I learned my lessons ... SLOWLY ~ Unknown

=   =   =  ACA 2015, Revit Arch 2015 & 16 Navisworks Manage 2015 & 16 on 64bit on Win7P  =   =   =   =

tedg

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 09:03:25 am »

"Gets US every time" huh Krush?
So you've been a victim of this too?

LOL
(you can let C-Mac know what I found out)

Krushert

• Seagull
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 09:14:29 am »

"Gets US every time" huh Krush?
So you've been a victim of this too?
Not of your particular issue but similar. 

LOL
(you can let C-Mac know what I found out)
Will do when he gets in.   He actually did a little 1/2 hour tutorial in 400 yesterday about design options.  It was a rough presentation at first but it got better. 

He is stepping into the BIM manager role more now.  You should have seen the ruckus when he did an audit on Elizabeth & Jamie's project.   :uglystupid2: :2funny:

=   =   =  ACA 2015, Revit Arch 2015 & 16 Navisworks Manage 2015 & 16 on 64bit on Win7P  =   =   =   =

John Kaul (Se7en)

• Administrator
  • Needs a day job
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 09:19:31 am »
I will be using that LOFT answer. :)

Not sure if you two have met before but (did you guys work(ed) in the same office or something?)...
“Common sense is not so common.” ~Voltaire

--> Donate to TheSwamp.org <--

Krushert

• Seagull
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 09:21:21 am »

Not sure if you two have met before but (did you guys work(ed) in the same office or something?)...

Yes we worked in the same office for 5 years until recently when Tedg left for Candy Land

tedg

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2016, 10:54:19 am »

Yes we worked in the same office for 5 years until recently when Tedg left for Candy Land
That's right, Krush works for the BORG, and has been assimilated.
I left for greener pastures (for me anyway) after 16 years (but it only became corporate in 2008)
I work for a small, A&E firm owned by people, not stock holders, and am loving it!!

..sounds like it's getting more bearable on the BORG ship though 

John Kaul (Se7en)

• Administrator
  • Needs a day job
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2016, 11:10:12 am »
That's really cool guys (you worked with each other)!

...16 years!? At one place? That's impressive now-a-days (that's awesome!). I thought I found a home at the last place I was at but got dumped on my ear as soon as it got slow (finished up a big project and then *poof*). My longest stint was 7 years (companies around here just take my ideas and then find someone cheeper I guess).

Glad you are liking your new diggs. Now get back to work (gotta make that new `small firm' bigger!).
“Common sense is not so common.” ~Voltaire

--> Donate to TheSwamp.org <--

tedg

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2016, 11:24:09 am »
...16 years!? At one place? That's impressive now-a-days (that's awesome!). I thought I found a home at the last place I was at but got dumped on my ear as soon as it got slow (finished up a big project and then *poof*). My longest stint was 7 years (companies around here just take my ideas and then find someone cheeper I guess).

That's a bummer, thankfully I've been lucky they kept me the few times we got slow and the layoffs happened.
It was real bad from 2008 to 2011, rounds of layoffs with the BORG merger (lol).

We have a firm around here that tends to staff up for projects and lays people off when done, it is a known fact if you're in the industry here.
I worked there as a contracted designer in 1999 for about 4 months.
SMR(cough)T a major A&E firm here, I wouldn't ever, ever work there again, unless I was living on the street or something.
I guess what I'm saying is, it would't be a positive, long-term career move.  :D