I thought I'd give some background on this and some more information for other users should they encounter the same issue.
This problem has been going on for a week or two now. Pdf plotting has become un-useable on my machine using Acad2017. A previous install Acad2016 works fine. I've attached an image of one of our project folders showing a drawing over a couple of revisions. You will see the size problem.
I tried the following:
- restoring the software to its default settings - using the 'reset to default' in the start menu
- Performing a 'hard reset' of the software by deleting registry entries for autocad then removing the roaming user profile for the same
I was expecting my next task to be a complete unistall/re-install of AutoCAD.
However, after some thought, I focussed on the recent update.Autodesk Auto CAD 2017.1.1 English Update
Once I had removed this using windows add/remove programs / updates, functioning of the pdf plotting/publishing returned to normal (so far).
I have reported this to Autodesk through my account management panel and raised a service ticket with them.
Until this is resolved neither I, or my colleague, will be installing any further updates to our software.
I don't know if mods / admin could sticky this for the rest of the forum; I found no information online about this, granted it could be a problem related to my machine only, but it was sufficiently annoying for me to spend most of the day tinkering and searching for an answer to this.