Author Topic: Think Centre  (Read 241 times)

cadtag

• Swamp Rat
Think Centre
« on: November 11, 2016, 08:27:41 am »
My MiL's Lenovo all-in-one was hit by a lightning surge that came through the phone line to the house, fried the modem and router, and then went though the ethernet cabling to kill her PC and through the USB cable to fry her printer.

I've gotten a replacement motherboard in, and have started to take the thing apart and see if it's at all usable after that.  I've been tearing down and rebuilding desktops for a couple of decades now, but this is my first foray into what's essentially a laptop rebuild.  Accessing the motherboard on that thing call for a near total dissassembly, with dozens of custom parts laid out for reassembly.  I need a bigger table.....
The only thing more dangerous to the liberty of a free people than big government is big business

cadtag

• Swamp Rat
Re: Think Centre
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 07:27:02 am »
update -- success (sorta)  Mother board swap worked, although I took a lot of photos to try and identify all the components during disassembly, and the machine now boots up.  At least I think it does -- looks like the flat panel screen is shot as well.  SSD is salvageable, but the rest looks like it's going to be scrapped.
The only thing more dangerous to the liberty of a free people than big government is big business