Author Topic: autocad codes?  (Read 2222 times)

vinnyg

autocad codes?
« on: November 04, 2016, 11:37:20 AM »
Can someone tell me what the following codes are in order to install autocad on a computer.....I am thinking about installing a used older version:

Ser. num.   xxx-xxxxxxxx
 ced key      xxxxxx

auth. code ?

Do I need all three to install?

tedg

• Swamp Rat
Re: autocad codes?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 12:13:54 PM »
Can someone tell me what the following codes are in order to install autocad on a computer.....I am thinking about installing a used older version:

Ser. num.   xxx-xxxxxxxx
 ced key      xxxxxx

auth. code ?

Do I need all three to install?
I think you can install without them, just when you use the software you either choose a 30 day trail or active with the codes.
You need the codes (the first two or the auth code) to activate it, you would have got them when you purchased it, or from whoever purchased it.
Windows 10 Pro 64bit, AutoCAD 2023, REVIT 2023

rkmcswain

• Swamp Rat
Re: autocad codes?
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 01:30:02 PM »

Answer depends on how "old" of a version this is. Regardless, even if you do get it installed, you'll need the S/N at some point and you'll need to activate it with Autodesk.
You should have the S/N from when you purchased it. IF not, nobody here can help you other then to point you to Autodesk or back to the reseller from who you made the original purchase.