Author Topic: Tangent OSNAP Not Working?  (Read 5387 times)

BlackBox

• King Gator
Tangent OSNAP Not Working?
« on: November 02, 2016, 05:32:52 PM »
Civil 3D 2016, installed as part of IDSP - The TANgent OSNAP isn't working for basic commands like Circle TTR, etc.

Opened vanilla AutoCAD 2016, and it works normally.

I checked the OSMODE, used Flatten command to account for different elevations, Audit says no issues, etc. and happens (or fails to happen) in all drawings opened in Civil 3D.

May require an repair install, etc. but thought I'd ask here to see if anyone else has seen something like this.

TIA
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 10:50:05 AM by BlackBox »
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

danallen

Re: Tangent OSNAP Not Working?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 06:28:06 PM »
sorry to hear about your illness

Civil 3D 2016, installed as part of IDSP

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 10:40:34 AM »
sorry to hear about your illness

:?

A burden at times, yes... An illness, no.

_Autodesk_  Infrastructure Design Suite Premium (IDSP), which I now see is being deprecated for the newfangled AECC (Architecture, Engineering & Construction Collection) :-D

In any event, since this is an OSNAP (vanilla?) issue, I thought I'd start here instead of the Land Lubber forum.  *shrugs*

danallen

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 12:22:37 PM »
sorry I'm on Bricscad and tangent snap works fine with circle > TTR

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 01:20:31 PM »
Any particular error messages? All drawings or just a particular one? Can you post a small sample DWG where it's not working?
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 02:41:39 PM »
sorry I'm on Bricscad and tangent snap works fine with circle > TTR

Sorry, I thought I was specific about which CAD package I was using.

Thanks anyway

Any particular error messages? All drawings or just a particular one? Can you post a small sample DWG where it's not working?

No messages... Just no tangent glyph at all... if I intentionally click near an arc/circle/*line entity, the command line just reads:
Code: [Select]
*Requires a TAN object-snap and selection of Circle, Arc, or Line.

If I do that (try to specify a tangent point) twice, then the tangent osnap appears for a third attempt, but is locked on a specific location about the arc, as example.

View Controls are set for Top, and 2D Wireframe. Elevation = 0.00, and I'm in Florida State Plane coordinate zone, US Survey Feet.

I've tried NOT using my customizations (i.e., macros, LISPs, custom Shift\Ctrl + right click Menus, etc.), and just used native command + options... Same result, no glyph when hovering arc\circle\*line, etc.

The undesired behavior occurs in all Profiles (default, and custom) for Civil 3D 2016, and NOT for vanilla AutoCAD 2016.  Civil 3D 2015, and Civil 3D 2017 also work fine (as expected), in the same drawings which I cannot post.

Never seen anything like this before, and it seems to have just started a few days ago (no changes in several months).

Cheers

Matt__W

• Seagull
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 03:31:37 PM »
Do other snap glyphs show up? Have you checked OPTIONS -- DRAFTING tab --AUTOSNAP SETTINGS -- MARKER, MAGNET, DISPLAY AUTOSNAP TOOLTIP

You could always try resetting AutoCAD back to its default settings.
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-reset-AutoCAD-to-defaults.html
Autodesk Expert Elite

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2016, 04:36:38 PM »
Do other snap glyphs show up? Have you checked OPTIONS -- DRAFTING tab --AUTOSNAP SETTINGS -- MARKER, MAGNET, DISPLAY AUTOSNAP TOOLTIP

Yes, all other OSNAPs work, and display as expected.  Yes -- all three are already enabled.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-reset-AutoCAD-to-defaults.html

That's the plan... Unless someone has experienced this before, knows the cause, and can help me to mitigate that... Like I said, never seen anything like this before.

Cheers

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2016, 04:51:48 PM »

That's the plan... Unless someone has experienced this before, knows the cause, and can help me to mitigate that... Like I said, never seen anything like this before.

This did the trick. :beer:

I hadn't had to do this process in several years, and this version was near painless, compared to an earlier experience (which I didn't have time for!).  CIRCLE + TTR in default, and re-imported Profiles work as expected.  Not sure why it stopped in the first place, but glad to have it working again.  :-)

Cheers

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2016, 09:23:10 AM »
Interestingly -

I went to go extract the .ZIP file created through yesterday's reset settings process - I elected to first backup my settings (which I had already done manually via %ProgramFiles%, and %AppData% folders) - however, the resultant .ZIP file created during that surprisingly quick procedure, is not valid.

So... It didn't backup anything. :roll:

Matt__W

• Seagull
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2016, 10:12:55 AM »

This did the trick. :beer:

I hadn't had to do this process in several years, and this version was near painless, compared to an earlier experience (which I didn't have time for!).  CIRCLE + TTR in default, and re-imported Profiles work as expected.  Not sure why it stopped in the first place, but glad to have it working again.  :-)

Cheers
Glad you got it working again!
Autodesk Expert Elite