Author Topic: From Tool Pallette to CUI  (Read 1654 times)

dubb

• Swamp Rat
From Tool Pallette to CUI
« on: August 29, 2016, 04:29:27 PM »
I like using tool palettes. Using design center to populate palettes with blocks and commands. However, in a group office environment where there are several versions of cad I am having issues Synchronizing and keeping the palettes up to date. As I have read in other threads that sharing palette files across different version of cad will not work. I have tried to work around this by reloading each panel individually after I update them. Which is tedious when constantly updating palettes for more than 5 users.

I have decided to do customizations with Autocad cuix and macros.  I have some things to learn. So far I have set up most of the things I could do on palettes.

:tickedoff: There is just some issues.
How do I redefine blocks?
How do I insert blocks that exist in another drawing? (I tend to utilize one drawing to contain all of my blocks)

HasanCAD

• Swamp Rat
Re: From Tool Pallette to CUI
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 04:29:43 PM »
How do I insert blocks that exist in another drawing? (I tend to utilize one drawing to contain all of my blocks)

http://lee-mac.com/steal.html

dubb

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 12:09:27 AM »
Hey there thanks for the reply. Its not what I'm looking for. I sure wish the menu cui allowed this. What I do like about the Tool Palette is that it shows a thumbnail of the blocks. For now, I think I'll keep the blocks in the tool palette and reserve the macros and custom commands in cui.

danallen

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 01:06:32 PM »
Can you use the CUI to run a lisp? The lisp would use steal to grab block definition from another drawing, then run insert command.

lamarn

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 01:53:33 PM »
Interesting idea. I use steal in combination with some project templates.

But these templates can be 'miles away from each others. Surfing through directories.. the palettes can be simple lisp codes,  the steal command can work as command line variant as code to get specific entities!
Just need to fill in the details of the dwg and blocks your after.. :) making a company- and some project palletes fairly easy to make I think. Lm code is amazing...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 02:03:14 PM by lamarn »
Design is something you should do with both hands. My 2d hand , my 3d hand ..