Author Topic: Bizarre happening on Autocad 2014  (Read 1420 times)

notredave

• Newt
Bizarre happening on Autocad 2014
« on: September 21, 2016, 10:27:54 AM »
All,
Good morning. I have something very strange going on here at work using Autocad 2014 on Dell T3500 workstation. If I open multiple drawings and when I click on file tab and go back to drawing, everything is gone, just a black screen. I also have tried using the tab in my taskbar with same results. It doesn't happen when my coworkers have multiple drawings open. I am baffled. Any help, fix or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :idea:

thanks in advance,
David

notredave

• Newt
Re: Bizarre happening on Autocad 2014
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 04:41:43 PM »
Solved....Updated NVIDIA video driver and it works now.

Rob...

• King Gator
  • Take a little time to stop and smell the roses.
Re: Bizarre happening on Autocad 2014
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 05:49:05 PM »
That's always a good one to check.

Just today, in Revit, annotation would disappear when my cursor rolled over the steering wheel, so I turned it off, since I don't use it. Then it happened at random and frequent zoom levels. Quite counterproductive since I was comparing riser diagrams to sections. Had to turn steering wheel back on and move it to a place that didn't get rolled over much. Had to wait until the end of the day for IT to update the vid card driver as I was scrambling to meet a deadline today and didn't want to risk any possible problems with a new driver, NVidia BTW. Didn't have a chance to test it out to see if it fixed the issue, though.
CAD Tech