Author Topic: BricsCAD Dimension Text Direction  (Read 2674 times)

Keith Brown

• Swamp Rat
BricsCAD Dimension Text Direction
« on: September 21, 2016, 09:46:57 AM »
In AutoCAD I can set the dimension text direction of a RotatedDimension using the property Dimtxtdirection, but in Bricscad this property does not exist on a rotated dimension.  I went to

https://www.bricsys.com/bricscad/help/en_US/V12/UsrGui/source/10_Drawing_Entities/06_Working_with_Dimensions/10_06_02_Dimension_Settings.htm

and could not find anything that would help.  Any ideas?  Thank you.
Keith Brown | AutoCAD MEP Blog | RSS Feed
AutoCAD MEP 2014 / Revit MEP 2014 / EastCoast CAD/CAM addon / Visual Studio 2013

MickD

• King Gator
  • (x-in)->[process]->(y-out) ... simples!
Re: BricsCAD Dimension Text Direction
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 05:29:44 PM »
Have a look at TextRotation and TextPosition properties, the direction is a vector from the position with a rotation
"Short cuts make long delays,' argued Pippin.”
J.R.R. Tolkien

Keith Brown

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 08:45:31 AM »
Thanks Mick,  I will look into that.  I was hoping it was as easy as just having a flag to reverse it.
AutoCAD MEP 2014 / Revit MEP 2014 / EastCoast CAD/CAM addon / Visual Studio 2013

MickD

• King Gator
  • (x-in)->[process]->(y-out) ... simples!
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 05:50:02 PM »
Ah, you mean to reverse the text, not rotation. Sorry about that.

I think the best you can do is maybe flip the Normal vector of the dimension which should draw it reversed.

btw, I couldn't find the Dimtxtdirection property while searching the AutoCAD help doc's, is this a property in the editor properties dialog?
"Short cuts make long delays,' argued Pippin.”
J.R.R. Tolkien

Keith Brown

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 08:52:20 AM »
Yes, it is a property on the property palette.   I'll try the normal.  I was not messing with any of the dimension properties other than the text direction.  Everything else was at its default and i was just transforming the entire dimension.  I found it easier than calculating all the vectors especially when working with viewports as the view can be from any direction and the dimension must always read left to right and down to up if vertical.