Author Topic: can't edit blocks/text or import blocks properly  (Read 1647 times)

masterfal

• Mosquito
can't edit blocks/text or import blocks properly
« on: August 15, 2016, 02:22:03 AM »
Hi All,

I have this really strange issue where I am unable to edit blocks properly. Usually when I double click a block it shows the edit block definition dialog along with the name of the block i'm attempting to edit. At the moment when i try to do that, it shows the edit block definition dialog box but does not show the name of the block. To edit I need to scroll to the block i want to edit and choose it that way. Also, all the lisp commands I have set up for importing blocks don't work anymore. When I try to use them all it does is show the insert dialog box.
when i try to edit text by double clicking it doesn't go straight into the text editing thing like it use to. it asks me to choose what text i want to edit (even though obviously i want to edit the text i just double clicked!!)

I don't know how / why this happened or how I can resolve it. Want to avoid re-installing if possible..

Any help would be verrrrry much appreciated!

ps - nothing to do with dblclkedit or pickfirst system variables..

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
Re: can't edit blocks/text or import blocks properly
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 07:29:03 AM »
Usually when I double click a block it shows the edit block definition dialog along with the name of the block i'm attempting to edit.
Just for fun because i have no idea at the moment; what happens if you use the following?
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
Re: can't edit blocks/text or import blocks properly
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 04:51:36 PM »
I think it does that with a anonymous block(lost association with dynamic definition).

Select the block and look in properties palette and see if name starts with a *