Author Topic: partial cui loaded properties - double-click edit  (Read 3488 times)

alanjt

• Needs a day job
  • Standby for witty remark...
partial cui loaded properties - double-click edit
« on: August 04, 2016, 09:43:53 AM »
Is it possible to load a partial CUI that includes double-click edits and have them work, or do double-click edits have to be in the main cui?
Does anyone have a hierarchy breakdown of enterprise vs. main vs. partial cuis?
Civil 3D 2019 ~ Windohz 7 64bit
Dropbox

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: partial cui loaded properties - double-click edit
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 11:35:00 AM »
Is it possible to load a partial CUI that includes double-click edits and have them work, or do double-click edits have to be in the main cui?

Have you removed DBL_CLK EDIT from the main CUI, and added it to a partial that is loaded and tested it?

Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

alanjt

• Needs a day job
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 11:45:28 AM »

Have you removed DBL_CLK EDIT from the main CUI, and added it to a partial that is loaded and tested it?
There are some double-click edit features in the main cui, but the ones the partial cui would load are different. Is it a one-or-the-other kind of setup?
Dropbox

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 12:12:12 PM »
Its a top down hierarchy

when there are  numerous CUIX's loaded, the Double Click Actions (along with most other things in the cuix's) are given preference based on the load order of the cuix they are contained in.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

alanjt

• Needs a day job
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 01:19:01 PM »
Its a top down hierarchy

when there are  numerous CUIX's loaded, the Double Click Actions (along with most other things in the cuix's) are given preference based on the load order of the cuix they are contained in.
So, if there are 3 partial cuixs loaded, each with different double-click actions, only the first partial cuix will load its respective double-click actions and the other two will be ignored?
Dropbox

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 02:09:11 PM »
Its a top down hierarchy

So, if there are 3 partial cuixs loaded, each with different double-click actions, only the first partial cuix will load its respective double-click actions and the other two will be ignored?
no they will activate in order top down..until it runs out of them  (that's the theory any way)

also they must be defined correctly or they wont work, so that might make it appear that lower in the tree cui/partial cui don't work
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

alanjt

• Needs a day job
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 02:15:59 PM »
Its a top down hierarchy

no they will activate in order top down..until it runs out of them  (that's the theory any way)

also they must be defined correctly or they wont work, so that might make it appear that lower in the tree cui/partial cui don't work
Ugh, what a pain.
OK. I must have defined them incorrectly then.

So, by that understanding, as the enterprise, main, and partial cui files are loaded, as long as a feature isn't added for that one particular action (eg. double-click for a circle), then it will load the first one it finds. Correct?
Dropbox

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2016, 02:23:18 PM »
Its a top down hierarchy

Ugh, what a pain.
OK. I must have defined them incorrectly then.

So, by that understanding, as the enterprise, main, and partial cui files are loaded, as long as a feature isn't added for that one particular action (eg. double-click for a circle), then it will load the first one it finds. Correct?

yes...it basically cascades downward
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

alanjt

• Needs a day job
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2016, 02:30:53 PM »
I'm an idiot. I was adding acdb to the object name. Apparently you only have to put the object name itself.
I swear you used to have to put the dxf 100 name. Oh well. Thank you for your help, Michael.
Dropbox

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2016, 11:42:33 PM »

Not sure what, if anything has changed since this:

https://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=39112.msg443213#msg443213

Cheers
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

alanjt

• Needs a day job
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2016, 02:48:06 PM »

Not sure what, if anything has changed since this:

https://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=39112.msg443213#msg443213

Cheers
Thank you.
I had come across a white paper long ago about this, but I couldn't find where I'd saved it or locate on the internet. This answers the remainder of my questions. *saving*

Sad part is, I'm in that thread.  :|
Dropbox