Author Topic: Commands defined in .cuix don't display  (Read 1421 times)

Kotofej

Commands defined in .cuix don't display
« on: July 27, 2016, 04:19:16 PM »
Hello to all,

as the title suggests, I have a partial customization file defined, which contains a menu and several menu items defined through commands. All of the commands contain my customization file name as a source, by default. Now, the peculiar thing is this: on my computer, running Acad 2016, all works perfectly. I load my app through a .bundle, the commands and menu display, everything works fine. Also, the commands are all part only of my partial cui. On another computer, running Acad 2014, when I install the .bundle, all commands are loaded (through a lisp), and the new menu is shown, but it contains NONE of the defined commands. For some reason, on this computer, it looks like the command definitions in the cuix are lost.

Of course, I still have to try to test this on several more machines. But still, my question is: when I define a partial customization file, and define new commands in it, they should be automatically be loaded with the cui, right? I also tried to add <commands> to the .xml PackageContents, but later on realized this has nothing to to with it.

I hope it's a problem with that other computer I tried my bundle on, and not that I'm doing something terribly wrong. Any tips appreciated!

P.S. To test my theory, I simply unloaded the bundle on my machine, and none of the defined commands could be found anywhere in the CUI interface. So I would conclude almost certainly that the commands must be binded to the cui they're defined in, as expexted.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Commands defined in .cuix don't display
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 10:04:43 AM »
I think you might want to start with the directory/file name(s) of 'your' commands;
they are outside the default autocad path aren't they?

Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/