Author Topic: Civil 3D | Surface Analysis  (Read 5680 times)

BlackBox

• King Gator
Civil 3D | Surface Analysis
« on: July 27, 2016, 12:31:57 PM »
I've been using the default? color scheme (Rainbow), and 8 elevation ranges for a long while, and finally had the need to include a elevation table.

I ended up breaking my volume surface down into 2 FT elevation ranges, and the resultant elevation ranges (13 of them, for this surface) get their respective colors pre-defined, which is fine... The table updates, has the same colors, etc.

My problem is when I go to edit the colors, by double clicking each color under Surface Properties, Analysis tab, Color Scheme column... I assign a true color easy enough, apply the changes, but the elevation table is wonky... One or two show up correctly, but the others come out in a blue-ish-purple color, despite the surface displaying correctly in Preview?  :|

How do I get the table to correctly display the colors assigned to the analysis, so I no longer need to plot via <None> for CTB?

TIA
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Civil 3D | Surface Analysis
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 01:02:17 PM »
I'm guessing you have deleted the table, and reinserted it?

Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 03:03:18 PM »

Yes, Sir... No change between that, and the table that was 'updated' (dynamic).

The surface, well, a given elevation band, is displayed in true color in CAD and preview, etc... However, the table color is both wrong in CAD, and black in preview.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 05:23:52 PM »

Yes, Sir... No change between that, and the table that was 'updated' (dynamic).

The surface, well, a given elevation band, is displayed in true color in CAD and preview, etc... However, the table color is both wrong in CAD, and black in preview.

I used index colors they appear to work fine...

no telling IF true colors are actually supported....your results appear to prove otherwise

Although, after typing above

I switch some Index colors to True colors, the legend table updated correctly
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 11:40:16 PM »
Thanks anyway, MJF.

Like I said, this is the first time that I've ever needed a legend, and while I can plot with <None> CTB, I'd prefer to simply setup a True Color Surface Analysis (which I'll subsequently export to file).

If the stinking table cannot even depict true color elevation bands, the. It pretty much defeats the purpose; guess I'll have to post this to Idea Station, as yet another 'you guys forgot this' post.

Cheers

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 05:42:09 AM »
It might help if you disable the Sort checkbox in the Table style. That will cause the problems with the color preview in the table. It has nothing to do with index colors or RGB.

I added a case already, a few years ago, but still no solution.
The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 08:46:22 AM »
Thanks anyway, MJF.

Like I said, this is the first time that I've ever needed a legend, and while I can plot with <None> CTB, I'd prefer to simply setup a True Color Surface Analysis (which I'll subsequently export to file).

If the stinking table cannot even depict true color elevation bands, the. It pretty much defeats the purpose; guess I'll have to post this to Idea Station, as yet another 'you guys forgot this' post.

Cheers
I don't think they 'forget' anything, they don't care about the product actually functioning @ 100%, as there is no market forces compelling them to.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2016, 09:15:17 AM »
It might help if you disable the Sort checkbox in the Table style. That will cause the problems with the color preview in the table. It has nothing to do with index colors or RGB.

I added a case already, a few years ago, but still no solution.

Gadzooks - that's it!

I disabled sort, and the colors are showing up now.  :-D

How did you stumble upon that lil' gem? Haha

Also, what was the case #?  I'd like to make sure that this info, and the fix you just supplied, are posted in that Idea Station thread; you're welcome to do so, as you deserve full credit either way.

Cheers

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2016, 09:26:07 AM »
I really don't know how I found out, probably tried every setting to see if it has effect.

Case number is 10200174 but I can't find it back in the Autodesk system. But I kept the mails :-)

The last mail tells me the case is forwarded to the Development Team. That was in December 2014.
The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.

nobody

• Swamp Rat
  • .net stuff
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2016, 12:24:30 AM »
Nice!!! Hated it when this happened. 

I really don't know how I found out, probably tried every setting to see if it has effect.

Case number is 10200174 but I can't find it back in the Autodesk system. But I kept the mails :-)

The last mail tells me the case is forwarded to the Development Team. That was in December 2014.