Author Topic: Anybody Read/write LSP in the Phoenix Arizona area? I Need a mentor.  (Read 2109 times)

DIW_CADtech

• Bull Frog
  • Push limits, embrace success, & discard failure.
Trying to accomplish specific tasks writing LSP.

I really am skiing uphill on my own and could use a mentor. 

If you are in the Phoenix, Mesa, Tempe, Tolleson, Maricopa, Surprize area, and are willing to assist a talented CAD draftsman...  Please let me know.

Depending on experience I may have some side work.

I will come to you...   Really need to make something happen and I can't do this on my own.
I am very  trainable....   (forgive my spelling)

DIW_CADtech

• Bull Frog
Re: Anybody Read/write LSP in the Phoenix Arizona area? I Need a mentor.
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 06:41:07 PM »
my email is in my profile..

nobody

• Swamp Rat
  • .net stuff
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 11:32:08 PM »
Not to be mean...but this is sort of like a creepy craigs list ad that I wouldn't answer...especially not let someone come see me bahahahaha

That said...there so many resources online...including this one....why not just ask your questions here or any of the forums available out there?  I'm happy to help where I can if you message me...might not get to it right away but will sure try to offer help when I can / if I'm able.

Trying to accomplish specific tasks writing LSP.

I really am skiing uphill on my own and could use a mentor. 

If you are in the Phoenix, Mesa, Tempe, Tolleson, Maricopa, Surprize area, and are willing to assist a talented CAD draftsman...  Please let me know.

Depending on experience I may have some side work.

I will come to you...   Really need to make something happen and I can't do this on my own.

kdub_nz

• Mesozoic keyThumper
  • SuperMod
  • Water Moccasin
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 01:02:07 AM »
Not to be mean...but this is sort of like a creepy craigs list ad that I wouldn't answer...especially not let someone come see me bahahahaha

< .. >

I really don't think that is a fair statement and you seem to be making some assumptions that may be without foundation.

and,
While there may be a lot of information available on-line, some of it is absolute rubbish, and the OP may want a more discriminating resource.
Called Kerry in my other life
Retired; but they dragged me back in !

I live at UTC + 13.00

---
some people complain about loading the dishwasher.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer.

nobody

• Swamp Rat
  • .net stuff
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 05:41:15 PM »
Perhaps a joke not taken as lightly as I was intending. Still, I don't see your address next to your name :P bahaha...point is asking to meet up probably isn't something most people take lightly on the internet which would likely to lead to not getting the support the OP needed.  The point I was making is that there are tons of helpful people here...you, me, everyone else. Of course if he's not willing to share what troubles he/she are running into...or questions he/she has...than I'm not sure how anyone can help, in person or not.  My intention was just to state that the OP might get better results private messaging someone....than asking to meet up.

Either way my intention wasn't to offend anyone, and apologize if I did.

< .. >

I really don't think that is a fair statement and you seem to be making some assumptions that may be without foundation.

and,
While there may be a lot of information available on-line, some of it is absolute rubbish, and the OP may want a more discriminating resource.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 05:54:33 PM by Area51Visitor »

lamarn

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 07:21:25 PM »
Maybe people skied the same slope before (however, with skiing you want fresh tracks..;-)
Speak up and spit it out man
Design is something you should do with both hands. My 2d hand , my 3d hand ..

DIW_CADtech

• Bull Frog
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 12:16:08 PM »
Ok... 

This went way weirder than I anticipated.

Yes if someone is interested... send me an email.  If you feel uncomfortable.. don't.  I work for a national engineering firm in downtown Phoenix, if we did meet up it would likely be public and include food.  I'm not asking someone to come to my home. 

Basically,  I'm in phoenix, and what I need help with is not a simple bit of code but something more complex.  I don't even know where to begin.  I need some direction from someone who has experience.  I may need to modify this later and want to avoid rewriting code.  If I can write this with the assistance of foresight, it might go a lot smoother.

Also, I want to eventually do this on my own.  being new.. I don't know good resources from bad. 

It would be monumentally beneficial to have a few points in the right direction.  Or a resource I can tap into on occasion. 

TheSwamp.org, is awesome, It is my 1st choice for online assistance with AutoCAD, but sometimes responses can take a long time.  If I don't get an answer that I can understand, I need to find another, it can be much faster talking to someone in person.

So, Again... This is not a personals ad.  If you think you can provide a minimal amount of assistance and some points in the right direction.  Send me an email.. if this seems creepy... DON'T! 

Wow!

squirreldip

• Newt
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2016, 12:22:34 PM »
@DIW_CADtech:  Do you have any programming background?

If not I'd suggest taking a class at something local.  You likely won't find specifically LISP but anything will help with understanding programming methods.

There's also on-line resources that can get you going such as http://www.sololearn.com/ - I've started using this site with my son to learn a bit of Python.

DIW_CADtech

• Bull Frog
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2016, 12:28:00 PM »
I wrote basic as a kid, and in college, I did a bit of visual basic (2 semesters).  I also wrote code for Multi-media presentations Director 8 which was discontinued and preceded by Shockwave Flash. 

But it has been 10 years.

I understand the logic.. but I stumble on vocabulary and syntax.  Even in college, I was a novice at best.  Took me weeks to program a basic calculator.

Necessity is the mother of invention...  And I need something.. very badly.

squirreldip

• Newt
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2016, 01:11:03 PM »
I'd suggest starting with something like:

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACDMAC/2013/ENU/PDFs/acdmac_2013_autolisp_reference_guide.pdf

Review the simple code examples in the above and look at some of the simple routines on this site.  Ask 'why'

Lisp syntax is actually pretty easy (especially compared to other languages) - absolutely everything is enclosed with parenthesis.  The first thing after the open parenthesis is the function and then the variables passed to it.  The last thing done before the function ends is the value passed back.

Good luck with your search.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 04:17:47 PM by squirreldip »

DIW_CADtech

• Bull Frog
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2016, 01:13:29 PM »
Thanks.. saved 

I will read.

nobody

• Swamp Rat
  • .net stuff
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2016, 10:58:15 PM »
Thanks.. saved 

I will read.

Shot you a message but fill free to hit me up any time you want. I'm familiar with AZ standards (having worked / lived there for 10 years).  No longer there....but will help out if / when I can.