Author Topic: Dynamic Block Chain Flip help  (Read 1815 times)

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
Dynamic Block Chain Flip help
« on: June 15, 2016, 01:32:31 PM »
Hopefully this is easy and I am missing something like I tend to do a lot. :) I have a basic parking lot that has the directional arrows shown. I have (2) Flip Parameters. One that goes Horizontal and the Other that goes Vertical.

Question is, when I toggle the flip, how can I get the Directional Arrows to always show the correct way?

Hopefully that makes sense. The only other option that I know how to do is create generic blocks of the way they need to look and then stack them ontop of the basepoint and control them with visibility states. Sounds like a pain.

Thanks for any help guys.
Civil3D 2020

sljohnson

• Newt
Re: Dynamic Block Chain Flip help
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 02:09:11 PM »
Try this using point move and chain actions. I don't think this will get you all the way but it might help. I just did the bottom isle quick and dirty. More refined solutions may be out there.

MSTG007

• Gator
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 03:29:50 PM »
Awesome. Thanks for the example!
Civil3D 2020

MSTG007

• Gator
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 05:12:23 PM »
Is it possible to FLIP one thing and then it FLIPs others like a chain?
Civil3D 2020

sljohnson

• Newt
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 05:50:30 PM »
For clarity sake, perhaps you could post another drawing with your block and than exploded versions showing what the end result of the block flipping would be to make sure any help is one the same conceptual page?

As far as chaining flips? I don't know, not that I've been able to succeed with. However my usage may have been botched. Constraints may also have some application to your quest, though I haven't played with them yet. More skilled hands may have a clearer understanding of what needs to happen and in what order.

MSTG007

• Gator
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 05:52:48 PM »
I did not know if there was a way to do that. Its not hard to do once I mirror or flip the whole object. I just need to make sure I flip the entrances so they go the right direction.
Civil3D 2020

ChrisCarlson

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 08:11:05 AM »
I don't know enough about Civil to know what you are after. I was flipping stuff around and the whole site was moving. Don't think that's the intended goal.

MSTG007

• Gator
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 08:14:37 AM »
It is flipping or Mirroring as it should. Just look at the way the drive aisles are once you flip or mirror to the other side. I want to make a chained event or something that would also flips those arrows to the correct direction. For now, it works, I just have to remember to manually flip them.
Civil3D 2020