Author Topic: Custom Flow Arrows?  (Read 8184 times)

BlackBox

• King Gator
Re: Custom Flow Arrows?
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2016, 04:55:22 PM »

... It uses an expression [that is not included with Civil 3D]
Well, C3D does not ship with ANY Expressions, so this shouldn't be a big surprise.

It shouldn't... but it is though... but it shouldn't. Haha

My only point in that, is that a Surface Slope Label's Directional Arrow *should* ultimately 'slope' either up, or down OOTB... A directional arrow that just points in the direction it is drawn, is just an arrow (Leader?).  :-D

I'm not asking for an Expression for each potentiality of all customers, however, some 'useful' examples, even if opposite what I may want to use, would be helpful, IMHO.  That's all. :-)
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2016, 05:17:20 PM »

... It uses an expression [that is not included with Civil 3D]
Well, C3D does not ship with ANY Expressions, so this shouldn't be a big surprise.

It shouldn't... but it is though... but it shouldn't. Haha

My only point in that, is that a Surface Slope Label's Directional Arrow *should* ultimately 'slope' either up, or down OOTB... A directional arrow that just points in the direction it is drawn, is just an arrow (Leader?).  :-D

I'm not asking for an Expression for each potentiality of all customers, however, some 'useful' examples, even if opposite what I may want to use, would be helpful, IMHO.  That's all. :-)

yes...USEFUL examples would be nice to have
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

sljohnson

• Newt
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2016, 12:12:04 PM »
Hello BlackBox,

We have a custom slope arrow as well, however ours works as expected with no expressions. Would it be possible to share the original non expression style?

I remember ours not initially working. I don't remember what I did to fix it, however I'd like to get in the weeds and see whats different between yours and ours.