Author Topic: Modify Text Height in Tables created in Autocad 2017  (Read 3514 times)

ParamG

Modify Text Height in Tables created in Autocad 2017
« on: April 29, 2016, 08:46:20 PM »

I created a schedule about 55 windows in it. now Text is bit too small when I plot 1/8" scale, how can I increase the Text size globally meaning in one shot. I can do it individually in each cell by changing Text height in one cell and then matching cell properties in other cells . long prcedure.I m sure there is a better and faster way to do it.

thanks

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
Re: Modify Text Height in Tables created in Autocad 2017
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 09:19:18 PM »
Maybe this will help:  https://goo.gl/PgnJI9

Search the swamp with google:  table "text height" site:http://www.theswamp.org

Enjoy  8)
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

ParamG

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 09:31:15 AM »
Thanks a lot for replying I will check it out.

“A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success.”

:mrgreen:

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 03:05:51 PM »
You can edit the TableStyle and set the cell styles text height. Then right click on table and remove all overrides, but beware unless you have cell styles created for different formatting it might remove overrides you want to keep.

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 03:27:00 PM »
Here is your drawing with 2 table styles added EightInch & EightInch2
2 more copies of table are added to drawing with your orginial on the far left the table in center uses EightInch tablestyle and right uses EightInch2 tablestyle.
I also added non-annotative textstyles.

If you right right click on each table and select remove overrides you will notice how the revert back what was defined in tablestyle.

The only difference between the 2 added tablestyles is EightInch  has text height for data cells is 7" and EightInch2 is 8".
So to make the middle table look like right one you would edit tablestyle EightInch by changing data cell style text height from 7" to 8" and would make changes the text height for all cells using that style which in your example is 3rd row and below.

Hope that make sense.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 03:32:19 PM by Jeff H »

ParamG

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 09:12:04 PM »
Thanks Jeff.This is what I did before you replied and it works
1. Select Table
2. Click on Top left corner and Right click , select Properties and Modify  Text Height in "Content" Voila, it will change height in Entire Table.
3. Then You can Modify Text Height in Title and Header individually, makes it so easy

"You will never know until you try"  :idea: