Author Topic: Go to sources for MACRO info?  (Read 2195 times)

TheCADnoob

• Newt
Go to sources for MACRO info?
« on: April 20, 2016, 11:11:35 AM »
Are there any / what is your favorite honey holes for macros?

I'm not talking lisp or diesel or action macros but just basic cad macros?

Ive found one off places or things included in threads but i was curious if there was a place that is dedicated (in some fashion) to working with these things?

I found cadmacros.com, but it looks like its dead :reallysad:
To boldly go where spell check has never gone before. | AutoCAD - 2016 | cadnoob.com

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Go to sources for MACRO info?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 11:26:15 AM »
or use the Action Recorder
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

ChrisCarlson

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 11:56:55 AM »
I've found that if a process takes more than 3 actions and I do it more than 3x a day, just make a macro.

TheCADnoob

• Newt
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 12:52:21 PM »
The problem i am facing is a policy issue and thats why im looking for info on macros and not lisp, vba, diesel, action macros etc.

I am having to edit and fix macros (not action macros) per internal policy. The choice of code medium is out of my hands. I am working to get this changed but in the mean time i have to work with these conditions.

As straight forward as macros are there also seem to be equally complex the more advanced as more bells and whistles are out in them.
To boldly go where spell check has never gone before. | AutoCAD - 2016 | cadnoob.com

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 01:42:47 PM »
I totally get it. Kinda of the same thing here. Just use the command line (Commands) in your macro and have at it. I will say this much.

I do get different results from use the macros in a ribbon than a tool palette. For instance, I can only get xrefattach (dialog box to appear) in the ribbon. Same command in the tool palette, it goes command line for me.

Macros are the bomb
Civil3D 2020

ChrisCarlson

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 08:06:46 AM »
The problem i am facing is a policy issue and thats why im looking for info on macros and not lisp, vba, diesel, action macros etc.

I am having to edit and fix macros (not action macros) per internal policy. The choice of code medium is out of my hands. I am working to get this changed but in the mean time i have to work with these conditions.

As straight forward as macros are there also seem to be equally complex the more advanced as more bells and whistles are out in them.

That doesn't make any sense. For starters diesel expressions are an integral portion of a macro. What is their end goal?

TheCADnoob

• Newt
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2016, 09:43:09 AM »

That doesn't make any sense. For starters diesel expressions are an integral portion of a macro. What is their end goal?

As I understand it we are brushing up against an interpretation of a policy that probably shouldn't apply to this department. For our quality system any "custom program" that impacts the output of the product must be evaluated. Since diesel loosely supports decision structures its being filed under "custom program" and to stay out of the cross hairs of audits they are wanting to avoid using it.

My problem is several fold but my biggest issue is im too green when it comes to all of this to really take the point to the mat and fight the issue one way or another. So i need to educate my self as best i can and im looking for good resources on the topic.

Willie

• Swamp Rat
  • Going nowhere slowly
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 04:43:28 AM »
Soli Deo Gloria | Qui Audet Adipiscitur
Windows 8  64-bit Enterprise | Civil 3D 2015 and 2016| ArcGIS 10.1
Yogi Berra : "I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous."