Author Topic: Xref'ing New file names and locations from existing  (Read 1259 times)

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
Xref'ing New file names and locations from existing
« on: April 18, 2016, 09:18:52 AM »
I have been looking around and trying different routines to update xref block names and locations within some drawings. Apparently, we setup a huge job on Friday. Found out today the job number changed. Which means we had to move all the files and rename them to the right job number from within windows explorer. Now as we open each sheet file we need to go through and re-xref and change the layers colors and on and offs.

So here is my question. (What would you recommend would be the easiest way to do this?)
Our file name convention is like (2015.XXXXA.CE.XREF.XREF1.dwg) to (2016.XXXXZ.CE.XREF.XREF1.dwg)

I did not know if I could open a sheet file, execute a routine that can prompt for a location of the re-located xrefs, then prompt for a file name change. 2015.XXXXA to 2016.XXXXZ and change the xref names in the xref manager... I really do not know a way to explain this. I know the manual way, which is click click click. lol

Thanks for any help guys.
Civil3D 2020

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
Re: Xref'ing New file names and locations from existing
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 10:39:32 AM »
Can you not modify the code from THIS post ?

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 10:42:15 AM »
You know something. I think so... I totally forgot about this!  :idiot2: Seriously.  :idiot2:

I think I can run with this,

Thanks again for the reminder! lol.
Civil3D 2020

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 10:43:44 AM »
You know something. I think so... I totally forgot about this!  :idiot2: Seriously.  :idiot2:

I think I can run with this,

Thanks again for the reminder! lol.
:)

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC