Author Topic: Win 10 and live tiles  (Read 454 times)

cadtag

• Swamp Rat
Win 10 and live tiles
« on: March 24, 2016, 06:55:11 pm »
Question for the W10 gurus....

Is there any way to park a live tile on the desktop in win 10?

I'm resetting my 92 year old MiL's lenovo all-in-one to run Win10 instead of Win 8 (the 8.1 update kept failing w/no explanation, but Win10 did get installed).  She's comfortable with the Metro interface for email and the few web sites she uses, and the live times would be a lot simpler for her, if she can simply park them instead of using the Start button.

Ideas?
The only thing more dangerous to the liberty of a free people than big government is big business

Master_Shake

• Swamp Rat
Re: Win 10 and live tiles
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 08:53:25 am »
Don't think you can place a "live-tile" on the desktop. My Win10 surface is at home but I'm pretty sure you can only pin shortcuts, not live-tiles to the desktop.

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 09:29:55 am »
I believe you can use the Start Screen in lieu of the Start Menu, and then boot to Start Screen in lieu of Desktop... Or just put the PC in Tablet Mode

HTH
"Potential has a shelf life." - Margaret Atwood

cadtag

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 03:19:56 pm »
Tablet mode looks like something she will be comfortable with.  Thanks. Have a beer BB
The only thing more dangerous to the liberty of a free people than big government is big business

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 04:17:48 pm »
Tablet mode looks like something she will be comfortable with.  Thanks. Have a beer BB

Happy to help, my friend.

Cheers
"Potential has a shelf life." - Margaret Atwood