Author Topic: Pipe Networks & Structures  (Read 2067 times)

BlackBox

• King Gator
Pipe Networks & Structures
« on: March 11, 2016, 10:22:59 AM »
Working through the creation of some Structure Styles.

Our legacy blocks have an insertion point of the location point used to determine the rim/grate elevation; as example: a gutter inlet inserts at edge of pavement, a manhole inserts at center of rim, a grate inlet inserts at center of grate, etc.

I've created a Structure Style for our valley (i.e., gutter) inlet, which sits in M Curb, where edge of pavement is the elevation control for the structure's grate, and has a dimension of 4' x 2'.

When I use the built-in 4' x 2' structure, so it looks right in Profile View, and apply our block to plan and rotate the structure to back of curb, so plan view looks right, the actual structure is 90 degrees out of whack (perpendicular to the curb).

Placing the Structure at the center of where the block actually sits within the curb, properly shows the Structure's width in Profile View, but results in the wrong grate elevation for the structure... And I don't want to have to manually edit the Structure's Properties to account for insert elevation when I already have the Surface referenced from Corridor Top.

There doesn't seem to be a way to assign a 90 degree block rotation within the Structure Style, so do I really have to completely redefine, or create a redundant set of blocks that account for this?
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Pipe Networks & Structures
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 10:54:02 AM »
yes...or use part builder and go insane....
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

BlackBox

• King Gator
Re: Pipe Networks & Structures
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 11:26:14 AM »
yes...or use part builder and go insane....

I was dreading that; thanks.
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."