Author Topic: Parcel Labels  (Read 7839 times)

BlackBox

• King Gator
Parcel Labels
« on: February 25, 2016, 02:40:37 PM »
Silly question, as I'm relatively new to using Parcels -

Is there any way to orient the Parcel Area/Face Label about the Parcel, or perhaps perpendicular to an Alignment?

Using by Object just orients to view, which makes orienting by view redundant, and I don't want to orient by WCS, as I have rotated views.

My goal is to orient the Parcel Labels by the Parcels, which are radial to my Alignments - so far, the only thing I've found that works, is to use a Parcel Segment Label + Reference Text. Grrr

TIA
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Parcel Labels
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 04:25:07 PM »
Silly question, as I'm relatively new to using Parcels -

Is there any way to orient the Parcel Area/Face Label about the Parcel, or perhaps perpendicular to an Alignment?

Using by Object just orients to view, which makes orienting by view redundant, and I don't want to orient by WCS, as I have rotated views.

My goal is to orient the Parcel Labels by the Parcels, which are radial to my Alignments - so far, the only thing I've found that works, is to use a Parcel Segment Label + Reference Text. Grrr

TIA

Actually there is a difference between insertion reference Object VS View - what is most likely making them appear to be the same is the make plan readable option set to yes.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 04:35:10 PM »
Actually there is a difference between insertion reference Object VS View - what is most likely making them appear to be the same is the make plan readable option set to yes.

At your suggestion, I disabled plan readable - there is no difference between Object, and World - View does rotate accordingly.

However, none of them are oriented from front of lot to rear of lot (which would be perpendicular to Alignment in my case) - this is what I was expecting orientation by Object to provide, as that is what Parcel Segment Labels oriented to Object provide (Edit: with a 90 deg rotation of Parcel Segment Label contents, that is).

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 04:55:49 PM »
The thing is Parcel Labels are pretty much junk; as unlike point labels one cannot even ROTATE them should one desire or need to.

Just another thing we users have been asking Autodesk to address since the very first release that would do parcels at all.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 04:59:32 PM »
Surface labels are also lacking a rotation parameter, fyi
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 05:02:30 PM »
The thing is Parcel Labels are pretty much junk; as unlike point labels one cannot even ROTATE them should one desire or need to.

Just another thing we users have been asking Autodesk to address since the very first release that would do parcels at all.

You can rotate a Parcel Area/Face Label - I just don't feel that I should have to do so manually, for each-and-every-single Lot. Haha

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 05:11:14 PM »

You can rotate a Parcel Area/Face Label - I just don't feel that I should have to do so manually, for each-and-every-single Lot. Haha
Face label?  Must be a 2015/2016 thing, we might install 2016 as 2015 lacked any significant tools to justify installing it.
ANNOTATION  vs during parcel creation produces a different label type.  Very interesting...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 05:36:58 PM by mjfarrell »
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2016, 06:47:10 PM »
Face label?  Must be a 2015/2016 thing
Nope, I could use it in C3D2012. Grip edit, 2 options, Move or Rotate.  Surface Spot Elevation Labels, too.

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2016, 07:12:36 AM »
I agree. We have to rotate move each one here. I wish catchments acted a lot like parcels. lol.
Civil3D 2020

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2016, 08:46:29 AM »
Face label?  Must be a 2015/2016 thing
Nope, I could use it in C3D2012. Grip edit, 2 options, Move or Rotate.  Surface Spot Elevation Labels, too.
As I said, I just never noticed the "Parcel Face" label, heck it doesn't even show up on the settings page as a label style.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2016, 08:46:49 AM »
I agree. We have to rotate move each one here. I wish catchments acted a lot like parcels. lol.
you joking, right?
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

DanB

• Bull Frog
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2016, 12:57:58 PM »
I'm curious, can you elaborate on exactly how you are able to do this? "You can rotate a Parcel Area/Face Label"
I just made a couple of quick parcels and I'm not seeing this. I have Civil 3d 2014 installed.

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2016, 01:14:06 PM »
DanB, you must add an area label to a parcel. You cannot rotate the main label assigned to the parcel, you can rotate, via grips, the added "Parcel Face Label". I have an Area Label Style which shows just the number in a small text size on a NoPlot layer. This is the style I use for my Parcel Area Labels in the Parcel dwg. Then I Xref the Parcel dwg into other drawings and I can add desired labels using the Add Parcel Label, Area, by selecting those NoPlot labels. This also allows me to move the labels as needed in the production drawings, where i may need it in one place in one drawing, and another location in a different drawing, in order to avoid conflicts with other labels.

DanB

• Bull Frog
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2016, 01:39:50 PM »
Great, with that bit of direction I see how this is working now. Thanks.

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2016, 03:05:41 AM »
My reason for asking this, is a need to produce an Address Plan for a subdivision, which shows both the Lot Number (for Plat), and the Address number.

My employer wants this to look a certain way - where both numbers are aligned with the lot (plan readable), which means perpendicular / radial to the parent Alignment.

No Parcel Label orientation settings allow for this, without manually rotation each-and-every-single Label, and even then, only after duplication each-and-every-single Area Label as Face Label. Grrr

The only other Parcel-based solution, is to duplicate the Parcels in a secondary Site, and renumber those as Address number, because the Address Property isn't exposed or able to be populated en-mass via UI. Grrr

Even then, I couldn't find a way to save an increment of 4 instead of 1, within the renumber settings, which the County requires. There may be a way, I just couldn't find it. Grrr. Further, I'd now need another Label Style to align both Labels, lot above the address number, which means quadrupling the manual effort - Create/renumber the Parcels, create face labels, then rotate them all accordingly.

So instead, I ended up exporting to AutoCAD, and then used some LISP routines to quickly move each Lot Number to centroid of the lot's respective setback envelope (thank you SincPac!), and rotate perpendicular / radial to the Alignment (which isn't selectable using nested selection LispFunctions!? Grrr again). Another routine to prompt me for starting Address number and increment, then just pick pick pick to append to the now MText Lot Number labels, and done.