Author Topic: Are you still using Windows XP?  (Read 1844 times)

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
Are you still using Windows XP?
« on: February 04, 2016, 11:42:52 AM »
Anyone using XP out there and also visiting this site? If so what browser are you using?

Many thanks.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

BlackBox

• King Gator
Re: Are you still using Windows XP?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 01:06:25 PM »
I still have four WinXP Pro x86 boxes here; one for Survey Crew to do their time cards, one for my Surveyor to do CAD in 2000 + Eagle Point, etc., and two for my Engineers as **ICPR Remote terminals.

While they have both IE, and Chrome installed, I do not think they visit this forum... Their loss. *shrugs*

** ICPR v3 is still hardware-locked, and while it works substantially faster in Win8.1x64, Streamline disabled remote access in Win8.1 for some reason... When they're in the office they use their new workstations, and if they need remove access they move the hardware lock. ICPR v4 is not hardware locked, but is cost-prohibitive for us.
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 01:12:33 PM »
Thanks. One member here couldn't access theswamp using https and XP, with several browsers including Chrome. What worked was Firefox. So yeah, problem solved. :)

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 05:04:48 PM »
Mark, FYI...This is being posted on a WinXP machine using IE8. When I logged in I did get a Security Certificate error. Says certificate was issued for a different website's address.

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 08:36:23 AM »
Mark, FYI...This is being posted on a WinXP machine using IE8. When I logged in I did get a Security Certificate error. Says certificate was issued for a different website's address.
Correct. That was the problem he was having as well. But i assure you, it is a valid cert. :)